IGNORED

Turbografx 16 and PC Engine easy install RGB mod boards

low_budget

I made some easy install RGB mod boards for the Turbografx 16 and original white PC Engine models.

They fit over the expansion port pins on the solder side of the motherboard and have pads ready to connect to a 9 pin Genesis 2 style A/V out connector.

Instead of RF only, you get RGB, composite, and stereo audio. The expansion port is unaffected and a CD rom add on can still be connected.

http://www.lowbudgetify.com/turbografx--pc-engine-rgb.html

Thanks for looking!

post-31751-0-68705100-1443072038_thumb.jpg

post-31751-0-82421800-1443072058_thumb.jpg

Nice. I can't even get to the PCB on mine as the RF shielding is somehow soldered directly to the motherboard. No way my desoldering iron would suck all that up as the shield would probably act like a heat sink preventing the solder from melting.

Edited by stardust4ever

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/4/2019 at 5:58 PM, Zap! said:

I desperately want this, but the link doesn't work. Does anyone have a working link? Or any more info on this? 

is this any help?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEC-PCE-PC-Engine-Console-RGB-Card-AV-Booster-upscale-TurboGrafx-SCART-RCA-RGBS/113868643297?hash=item1a83199be1:g:jn8AAOSwNCRdZjJK

On 8/29/2019 at 5:17 AM, xrbrevin said:

Sadly, no. I need one at attaches to the CD-ROM. With the one listed on eBay, you can't use the CD-ROM with it.

7 hours ago, Zap! said:

Sadly, no. I need one at attaches to the CD-ROM. With the one listed on eBay, you can't use the CD-ROM with it.

ah, shame. the one i used in mine doesnt seem to be available at the mo. it is v.small and doesnt conflict with the expansion port. i got it from a UK ebay bloke called: "ahoahoy". maybe its worth messaging him?

i remember it was just a generic "retro console RGB PCB" kit so with some research, maybe you can find another supplier?

there is a thread on here with further info:

i'll take the cover off mine, take a pic and upload it later on today.

they have v.rich colours as standard but in RGB theyre sublime!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...