IGNORED

Coleco ADAM Super Game Differences

Tempest

Here's some differences for the Zaxxon Super Game.

6 asteroids instead of 2
1 player only
8 skill levels
Floating Citadel after asteroids 2 and 4
music on the "Get Ready" screen when a player starts a new life
Game ends after defeating the Zaxxon High Command at the end of asteroid 6
Game ending animation/music

Edited by ed1475
  • Like 4

Here's some differences for the Zaxxon Super Game.

6 asteroids instead of 2

1 player only

8 skill levels

Floating Citadel after asteroids 2 and 4

music on the "Get Ready" screen when a player starts a new life

Game ends after defeating the Zaxxon High Command at the end of asteroid 6

Game ending animation/music

Holy crap, that 60's Spider-man cartoon style explosion at the end of the game was fantastic!

• Like 1

What about the space shuttle and space walk animation along with accompanying musical score? Always loved that one as well as the ending to ADAM's Dragon's Lair.

The 3d shuttle move was neat also, but not as much a surprise since I know what the Coleco can do, but as a kid watching endless Spider-man and Rocket Robin Hood cartoons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MfisiGqtEM

The effect in the zaxxon ending is so similar to the effect the cartoons use after a punch is thrown, that after seeing it a million times I wasn't expecting it in a Zaxxon ending...

Edit: Can't spell

Edited by Tarzilla

The 3d shuttle move was neat also, but not as much a surprise since I know what the Coleco can do, but as a kid watching endless Spider-man and Rocket Robin Hood cartoons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MfisiGqtEM

The effect in the zaxxon ending is so similar to the effect the cartoons use after a punch is thrown, that after seeing it a million times I wasn't expecting it in a Zaxxon ending...

Edit: Can't spell

Holy crap. Someone else has heard of Rocket Robin Hood! :)

How so? You mean you can stop the game and resume it or you can save the game at a certain point and restore it?

If I recall correctly, if you pause the game - asterisk button on the controller - it will ask if you want to save your progress. Next time you load the game, it will ask if you want to continue the saved game.

Also, since we're being so detailed, I think it should be noted that Donkey Kong Super Game is a complete rewrite (whereas none of the other SG releases are). Absolutely everything is different (except for maybe Mario with his 15 pixel height). Even DK and the girders are drawn differently. Firefoxes are two sprites instead of one. The hammer has sprite collision. There are so many differences, and it's all due to it being completely rewritten.

Yes, Zaxxon Super Game includes this save/load game feature, but only one game can be saved to the DDP or Disk and you can't save it to a different DDP or Disk.

So if you save the game and then load it, does it delete the saved game or can you constantly reload that save?

Some differences for the Subroc Super Game

- Animated title screen with classical music "Hebrides Overture" by Felix Mendelssohn
- each round ends with Mecha Octopus boss battle
- additional enemies: fireballs, missiles launched from water surface, green fighter planes

Edited by ed1475
  • Like 1

Some differences for the Subroc Super Game

- Animated title screen with classical music "Hebrides Overture" by Felix Mendelssohn

- each round ends with Mecha Octopus boss battle

- additional enemies: fireballs, missiles launched from water surface, green fighter planes

The cartridge version does not have the underwater feature.