IGNORED

Coleco ADAM Super Game Differences

Tempest

There's an ADAM version of War Games?

Unfortunately there was not an ADAM only version of WarGames. Only the cartidge version that plays om the CV and ADAM was released.

The cartridge version was ported to C=64 and Atari 8-bit format by Coleco Electronics. It was supplied on a 5 1/4" flippy disk and packaged in a cardboard box similar to ADAM software releases.

I do not think the Donkey Kong Super Game (nor JR) was rewritten from the ground up.

Your "thoughts" are inaccurate. I can easily prove otherwise, as I have decoded each game (as opposed to disassembled), examined hex patterns and graphical placement within the ROM. I have reprogrammed each game.

They are completely different. Sounds as well.

• Like 1

Your "thoughts" are inaccurate. I can easily prove otherwise, as I have decoded each game (as opposed to disassembled), examined hex patterns and graphical placement within the ROM. I have reprogrammed each game.

They are completely different. Sounds as well.

Interesting. I find it interesting that The original ColecoVision box had Adam-like graphics on the front. I wonder if the Adam version pre-dates the Coleco release. Could just be a coincidence.

Interesting. Can you provide more info on why you think the ADAM version was built from the ground up? I assume I put that down on the main page because you originally told me that was the case, but I'm curious as to why that is? I don't doubt you, I'm just interested in any info you have.

• 3 years later...
14 hours ago, retroillucid said:

I also have photos from Time Pilot 84 (Time Pilot SuperGame)

Time Pilot 84 in the arcades was the sequel to Time Pilot, and while it was interesting and fun, it looked very little like the original. I doubt Coleco had that arcade game in mind when they planned to do Time Pilot Super Game. I would have expected the same game as the Coleco release, but with the addition of the flying saucer level.

12 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

Time Pilot 84 in the arcades was the sequel to Time Pilot, and while it was interesting and fun, it looked very little like the original. I doubt Coleco had that arcade game in mind when they planned to do Time Pilot Super Game. I would have expected the same game as the Coleco release, but with the addition of the flying saucer level.

I do own polaroid photos of it ;)

Time Pilot SuperGame was just going to be Time Pilot and Time Pilot 84 

Pretty much the same Coleco did with BC's Quest for Tires and Grog's Revenge

On 2/12/2021 at 3:52 PM, retroillucid said:

Here's the polaroid photos for Time Pilot SuperGame

Thanks for sharing the pics. Interesting to see graphics development being done in the "Coleco Graphics Processor" which many also know as "Project Name by Line". Little bit of info, there are 2 versions of C.G.P. and if you place Version 2 on cartridge, whatever graphic screen is displayed on the ADAM when the cartridge reset switch is pressed will be captured. It can then be saved as a C.G.P. picture file and then converted to a PowerPaint picture file with a SmartBASIC conversion program.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 7:51 PM, NIAD said:

Thanks for sharing the pics. Interesting to see graphics development being done in the "Coleco Graphics Processor" which many also know as "Project Name by Line". Little bit of info, there are 2 versions of C.G.P. and if you place Version 2 on cartridge, whatever graphic screen is displayed on the ADAM when the cartridge reset switch is pressed will be captured. It can then be saved as a C.G.P. picture file and then converted to a PowerPaint picture file with a SmartBASIC conversion program.

I also have the story board for Berenstein Bears 
A polaroid from the ADAM DEMO, one for Cabbage Patch SuperGame and one from Berenstein Bears

I also have the (unreleased, as far as I know) Title Screen for the Atari2600 version of Cabbage Patch Kids

• 2 months later...
On 2/13/2021 at 7:51 PM, NIAD said:

Thanks for sharing the pics. Interesting to see graphics development being done in the "Coleco Graphics Processor" 

From what I've heard, all (pretty much) ColecoVision games were done on graph paper, then encoded. 
When Coleco had the Coleco Graphics Processor ready, they start using it for doing graphics, so no more graph paper were being used anymore.