IGNORED

Intellivisionaries Episode 21 is up!

nurmix

In this episode, we review... nothing! :-o

That's right, no game review this time around (part of the format changes), but we still have a heck of a show... We interview the guys behind Throwback Network (Rob O'Hara and Sean Johnson) in our 'Mentions' segment. We also have a listener / Intellivision hacker interview with Greg Goodwin (our own 'doctorclu'). And there's Feedback, News, and George. Our guest Corrections person is Ryan Waltrip ('S1500' here on the forum) from Classic Console Gamernews.

The website will be updated tomorrow - for those who listen there. In the mean time, you can grab it from our RSS feed, or directly on iTunes, or on our Libsyn, Stitcher or TuneIn pages (our Libsyn episode 21 page is below):

http://intellivisionaries.libsyn.com/the-intellivisionaries-episode-21-deck-the-shelves-with-new-brew-multis

• Like 7

Ack! Facebook messed up the URL (I copied and pasted it from the post I made there - I should know better, as they re-route everything through their ad-server / bean counter department)...

:mad:

You don't subscribe via the RSS feed, Steve? It's what all the cool kids are doing these days...

:music:

Anyway, here are all the relevant links:

Libsyn: http://intellivisionaries.libsyn.com/the-intellivisionaries-episode-21-deck-the-shelves-with-new-brew-multis

Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/intellivisionaries/the-intellivisionaries

TuneIn (may not be live here yet): http://tunein.com/radio/The-Intellivisionaries-Podcast-p632205/

iTunes (may not be live here yet either): https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/intellivisionaries-podcast/id714110184

Rick will get the website updated with the show notes tomorrow.

• Like 1

Well this one came together more quickly than others; in part due to the shorter length, but also because I already had both interviews edited beforehand, and Rick sent me his segment ready to go. And 'George' got me his contributions quickly too.

;)

Now I won't go so far as to say you can always count on 2 shows per month, but that's kind of the target going forward.

I just hope the content is compelling enough without a game review.

• Like 4

Well this one came together more quickly than others; in part due to the shorter length, but also because I already had both interviews edited beforehand, and Rick sent me his segment ready to go. And 'George' got me his contributions quickly too.

;)

Now I won't go so far as to say you can always count on 2 shows per month, but that's kind of the target going forward.

I just hope the content is compelling enough without a game review.

Just finished great show. Thanks

• Like 1

Always great stuff. It looks to me like you have shifted the production from "Full Waterfall", to something that borrows from Agile software dev methods - release early and often and course correct as you go. If it makes your life easier and keeps the quality high, keep doin' what you're doin'. I was afraid that your original method might burn you out completely, so I'm personally happy you have shifted a bit.

Concerning the topic of "Newbrew", here is something that kind of applies to the discussion, it might be another factor in differentiating an "Independent" vs "Homebrew" shop. Then again, maybe not.

post-31694-0-02350000-1443621166_thumb.jpg

In this episode, we review... nothing! :-o

[snip]

Always great stuff. It looks to me like you have shifted the production from "Full Waterfall", to something that borrows from Agile software dev methods - release early and often and course correct as you go. If it makes your life easier and keeps the quality high, keep doin' what you're doin'. I was afraid that your original method might burn you out completely, so I'm personally happy you have shifted a bit.

Concerning the topic of "Newbrew", here is something that kind of applies to the discussion, it might be another factor in differentiating an "Independent" vs "Homebrew" shop. Then again, maybe not.

attachicon.gifprod.jpg

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback, Steve.

So far it seems to be working out. Ideally, it will be a 'game review' episode, then a 'non-game review' episode... rinse and repeat.

I'm already feeling less stressed.

That said, looks like I'll be spear-heading (pun intended) the Wizards Of Odyssey 2 Podcast... but sharing hosting responsibilities among a list of 'revolving' co-hosts.

That said, looks like I'll be spear-heading (pun intended) the Wizards Of Odyssey 2 Podcast... but sharing hosting responsibilities among a list of 'revolving' co-hosts.

If you end up doing anything on the Odyssey 1, please spam in here. That'd make for an interesting podcast for those few of us who grew up playing it.

I seem to have lost the custom RF switch for mine over the years. I really wanted to break it out the other day :(

Will do.

And if it's at all like the Odyssey 2, you should be able to open it up and remove the non-standard RF cable and replace it with a standard one. Not having opened up an original Odyssey, I can't say for sure, but all the O2s I've opened have had removable RF cables.

If you end up doing anything on the Odyssey 1, please spam in here. That'd make for an interesting podcast for those few of us who grew up playing it.

I seem to have lost the custom RF switch for mine over the years. I really wanted to break it out the other day :(

i will have to look. I believe that same one came with my odyssey 300. I might have one lying around

And if it's at all like the Odyssey 2, you should be able to open it up and remove the non-standard RF cable and replace it with a standard one. Not having opened up an original Odyssey, I can't say for sure, but all the O2s I've opened have had removable RF cables.

From memory, it's not quite as trivial but yeah, I suspect you can replace it internally. It's got a funky non-standard port on the unit itself. But this is one machine I'm not keen on poking around in. They're not entirely irreplaceable but pretty close - I think I've seen 2 others in my entire life. I could also just hack the RF cable open, but same thing - no idea where I'd ever find another. I've seen hacked cables on Ebay for $30-40, but I'd rather have the full, original deal if at all possible. Still praying it turns up at my parents' house someday.

i will have to look. I believe that same one came with my odyssey 300. I might have one lying around

Again if memory serves, I think all of the Odyssey x00 series came with this same cable. They switched to an RCA/Phono plug for the x000 series. I've also read that the original O^2 used the weird cable, but I've never seen it - every one that I've ever seen uses an RCA plug. That'd be sweet if you had an extra :)

/threadjack

From memory, it's not quite as trivial but yeah, I suspect you can replace it internally. It's got a funky non-standard port on the unit itself. But this is one machine I'm not keen on poking around in. They're not entirely irreplaceable but pretty close - I think I've seen 2 others in my entire life. I could also just hack the RF cable open, but same thing - no idea where I'd ever find another. I've seen hacked cables on Ebay for $30-40, but I'd rather have the full, original deal if at all possible. Still praying it turns up at my parents' house someday.

Again if memory serves, I think all of the Odyssey x00 series came with this same cable. They switched to an RCA/Phono plug for the x000 series. I've also read that the original O^2 used the weird cable, but I've never seen it - every one that I've ever seen uses an RCA plug. That'd be sweet if you had an extra :)

/threadjack

nope. It does not use a phono plug. I modded my 300 to have one because i hate those big rf adaptors. However the adaptor worked really good. My 3000 however does use the phono plug. They look like this

post-30773-0-25956600-1443672047_thumb.png

Edited by pimpmaul69