IGNORED

Programmer Adam Clayton (Dark Chambers)...an Adventure connection?

CDS Games

So I was listening to Warren Robinette's talk on Adventure, and he mentioned that an Adam Clayton was the first person to have written into Atari about discovering the secret room. See here for more info..... Adam was apparently 15 years old and living in Salt Lake City.

Could this be the same Adam Clayton of Sculptured Software (based in Salt Lake City) that programmed Dark Chambers for the 2600?

Anyone know more about this? I've developed a real appreciation for his work on Dark Chambers.

• Like 2

Holy cow. How cool is that. Do you happen to have a source?

Yeah I have a great source! Myself. I have worked as a video game programmer in the Salt Lake area for the last 20 years. Among some of the studios I have worked at include Sculptured Software, EA, and currently at Disney interactive. Adam works for Disney as well.

greg

• Like 1

Yeah I have a great source! Myself. I have worked as a video game programmer in the Salt Lake area for the last 20 years. Among some of the studios I have worked at include Sculptured Software, EA, and currently at Disney interactive. Adam works for Disney as well.

greg

Hi Greg!

Did you know a guy named Jeff Hughes at Sculptured Software?

We worked together at Acclaim (Sculptured) on Legends of Wrestling II, and now we both work at Disney. I know Jeff well, he soldered my original XBOX mod chip for me many years ago ;-)

greg

Thanks! Tell him Rob from Butte Montana says hi! I was the "President" of our old Atari computer club here back around 1988. He was a newly wed back then. It was fun to watch him hack into Dark Chambers for the XL/XE system to see who might have made it!

There's a speed hack? I'd love to play that game at a faster pace. I don't see it listed under Hacks on AA. Do you know where it resides? Thanks!

It was request by myself just recently, and CDS Games (topic creator) is the one that did it. Here is the thread link:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241901-possible-to-make-a-dark-chambers-speed-hack/

The possible problems of hacking it are discussed, but it seems to work great.