IGNORED

The Great Gazoo is no more

Ksarul

I have been worried about Tony all week, as something just didn't feel right when I've thought about him lately. About three days ago, that feeling of dread crystallized into a sense that he was gone. I didn't want to listen to that inner voice--but I knew in my heart of hearts that it was right. I have that kind of connection to the ones I care about. Today I wanted to prove myself wrong, so I went and looked for him online--and sure enough, my friend is indeed no longer with us. Tony Knerr passed into the great beyond on 22 September 2015. There will be no more magic coming from the talented hands of The Great Gazoo. I am shattered right now. Here is a link to his Legacy page.

Rest in Peace my Friend. . .Rest in Peace.

• Like 2

Oh, no... I only just got to meet him after knowing his name for a very long time. I really am lost for words. We had a couple of good short talks last year when I got the call from my daughter, and he was very encouraging in private conversation. His talent has run all over this board, he has worked hard to create some great things, and we owe a lot of new fun stuff to him. He has a great legacy in the TI community.

• Like 1

gallery_35324_1027_24202.png

The Great Gazoo

R.I.P

I just got home from work and was totally shocked to hear this sad news. I thought he might have been on vacation or down with the flu when he did not respond to the space bar question. He was always there to lend a helping hand and was just like his Avatar... GREAT.

I'll miss you Tony. You left a lasting legacy in the TI-Community and I'll always remember you as long as I live. Somehow this place will not be the same without you.

Kevan

gallery_35324_1027_23572.gif

• Like 1

I can't believe it and it's hard for me to accept this type of reality :( ... In the 22th of september was also his birthday :( ... I am so sad... He will be missing to me and all the TI community. Rest in Peace my 99er friend. Thanks for your great help. You will be present always in my hearth.

post-24673-0-42671300-1443339833.jpg

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 1

I cannot believe it either, although I had noticed that Tony had not posted in a while, I also thought he was either ill or on vacation. In the very short time I have been a member of this great TI community, I have respected Tony's great knowledge and skill with the machine we all love and the devices he designed and built for it enhanced our knowledge and brought us all together here. He will be surely missed.

RIP The Great Gazoo.

Tony and I go back 20+ years. I first met him at one of the Chicago Faitres (although we might have passed each other at one of the Lima Faires earlier). Although his recent work was in games, Tony produced an updated DSR for the AVPC card and GROM0 for the HSGPL card. In fact, I am using a customized version that he produced for me a couple of years ago. Tony and I talked on the phone fairly frequently but I had no indication that he was having such serious health problems. I will miss him - especially when this year's Chicago TI Faire rolls around. I niss you Tony!!