IGNORED

Which games have you spent the most time playing?

BillyHW

There's no way to know the exact number of hours, but if you look back to all the games you've played, which ones have you spent the most time on, cumulatively?

1. Street Fighter II (including Champion Edition and Turbo, Arcade and SNES)

2. Super Mario Kart (SNES)

3. NHL '94 (Genesis)

4. Civilization (PC/DOS)

Probably Skyrim.

Tho, I wouldn't discard Sim city. It even probably topple off Skyrim if I count all the different version of SC, to the 1 to the 4th.

But even the separate episodes get a decent rating, with probably the 1st and 4th one getting in the top tier.

Given how long I spend time on, even today, Stunts 4D sports Driving probably score many hours.

S.C.Out and his great, 999 levels editor probably have a good share of gaming history at my counter.

Mario Kart probably score a lot of hours of battle mode with my brother, as well as Super Smash Bros Brawl.

AvP - Jaguar

Battlesphere - Jaguar

Pinball Construction Set - C64

Utopia - Intellivision

MLB - Intellivision

AD&D Cloudy Mountain - Intellivision

Burgertime - Intellivision

Tunnels of Doom - TI

TI Invaders - TI

Scott Adams Adventures - TI

Final Fantasy - NES/SNES

ChronoTrigger - SNES

Defender of the Crown - Amiga

Pinball Fantasies - Amiga

The Three Stooges - Amiga

Midnight Magic - 2600

Super Challenge Baseball - 2600

Dig Dug - 2600

DK - 2600

Dune II - Amiga/Genesis

Street Fighter II C.E. - SNES/Genesis

TMNT IV In Time - SNES

Rampart - SNES

Actraiser - SNES

Devil's Crush - TG-16

Military Madness - TG-16

Mario Kart 64 - N64

R-Type - TG-16, SNES, SMS, Amiga

Tetris - NES

Bomberman - Saturn, TG-16

Duke Nuke'm - Saturn

Virtua Racing - Saturn, Genesis

...and a bunch of RPG's, trading, text0adventures and sim type games on various computers throughout the years. Too many to list, but Romance of the Three Kingdoms comes to mind. Dungeon Master, The Bard's Tale, Starflight, Populous, Sim City, Pirates, Colonization, various Sierra adventures and several others I'm forgetting the names of now.

AvP - Jaguar

Battlesphere - Jaguar

Pinball Construction Set - C64

Utopia - Intellivision

MLB - Intellivision

AD&D Cloudy Mountain - Intellivision

Tunnels of Doom - TI

TI Invaders - TI

Scott Adams Adventures - TI

Final Fantasy - NES/SNES

ChronoTrigger - SNES

Defender of the Crown - Amiga

Pinball Fantasies - Amiga

The Three Stooges - Amiga

Midnight Magic - 2600

Super Challenge Baseball - 2600

Dig Dug - 2600

DK - 2600

Dune II - Amiga/Genesis

Street Fighter II C.E. - SNES/Genesis

TMNT IV In Time - SNES

Rampart - SNES

Actraiser - SNES

Devil's Crush - TG-16

Military Madness - TG-16

Mario Kart 64 - N64

R-Type - TG-16, SNES, SMS, Amiga

Tetris - NES

Bomberman - Saturn, TG-16

Duke Nuke'm - Saturn

Virtua Racing - Saturn, Genesis

...and a bunch of RPG's, trading, text0adventures and sim type games on various computers throughout the years. Too many to list, but Romance of the Three Kingdoms comes to mind. Dungeon Master, The Bard's Tale, Starflight, Populous, Sim City, Pirates, Colonization, various Sierra adventures and several others I'm forgetting the names of now.

Can you narrow it down to like a top 5?

I'd say I've spent the most time with Wing Commander Privateer. Insane amounts of time.

I fully expect that my time with Star Citizen will eclipse it quite easily--right now I'm forcing myself to not play the pre-alpha worried that I'll burn out prematurely before it's even close to done. I do plan to take a full week off when the Star Citizen persistent universe goes beta, and maybe more time when it truly launches.

Other than that, the online game 'Subspace' has taken up quite a bit of my time.

Edited by Reaperman

Man... All time? That's tough, over all the systems I have ever had.

In no specific order:

Tunnels of Doom: TI-99

Morrowind: XBox

Final Fantasy II (4): SNES

GORF: VCS

Parsec: TI-99

Faxanadu: NES

Sooooooo many more (Castlevania may be up there, as well as Sim City 2000) but those 6 seem like they have eaten more of my life than any others.

I'd say I've spent the most time with Wing Commander Privateer. Insane amounts of time.

I fully expect that my time with Star Citizen will eclipse it quite easily--right now I'm forcing myself to not play the pre-alpha worried that I'll burn out prematurely before it's even close to done. I do plan to take a full week off when the Star Citizen persistent universe goes beta, and maybe more time when it truly launches.

Other than that, the online game 'Subspace' has taken up quite a bit of my time.

I finished Privateer. Cool game.

Just by their nature older multiplayer games clearly with out for me. But after Everquest, Quake 3, and Counter-Strike:

1. Super Mario Bros 3

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Yoshi's Island

4. Golden Eye

5. Final Fantasy 7

Probably about that. I don't heavily replay the vast majority of games so mostly.

1. Goldeneye

2. Ocarina of Time( cannot remember how many times I played this through.. and then a lot more when the master quest came out on the GameCube.

3. Mario Party 1-7 ( didn't have a girlfriend or a wife for most of these--- lots of sleepless nights with my friends)

4. Mario Kart 64

5. Oblivion (X360) - I think I still need to finish the main story--- I just run around endlessly raiding caves and fighting guards.

Can you narrow it down to like a top 5?

Oh man, that's gonna be tough! Forgot about Contra III & Castlevania IV - SNES too! :lol:

If we're talking console systems only and ignoring RPG's for a moment, list might go something like this:

Military Madness - TG-16

Contra III - SNES

Midnight Magic - 2600

Tie between Super Challenge Baseball - 2600 & Intellivision's MLB

I have been playing games for too many years to accurately answer this, but here are my first guesses:

Atari 2600 river raid
Atari 5200 pac-man
Genesis probably Shining Force 2
Saturn Street Fighter Alpha 2, or Vf 2, or Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Overall, across various platforms, I have played a lot of Street Fighter, Virtual Fighter, Daytona USA, Sega Rally, Dig Dug, Pac-Man, and Sonic games.

EDIT - oh yeah, also include the Williams games - I played a lot of Joust, Defender, Robotron.

Probably the NES games I played as a kid, since I've had them the longest, and I was able to play a lot more back then. And they're still games I enjoy today; even though my repertoire has expanded over the years, they're games I still come back to. The gametime pie is just smaller now and I have to slice it more thinly.

A recent nominee might be Tecmo Super Bowl, although it's more hacking than playing. I'll go through spurts where I'll lose the cumulative equivalent of days working on hacks for that game...and, of course, play testing. :-D

TRON - Arcade (a whole lotta' allowance money)

Front Line - ColecoVision (purchased this one with my own money. I recall it costing a lot).

Frenzy - ColecoVision

Mouse Trap - ColecoVision

Zaxxon - ColecoVision

Mr. Do - ColecoVision

Q*Bert - ColecoVision

Robot Tank - Atari 2600

SoulCalibur - Dreamcast

BioShock 2 - XBOX 360

Edited by Nebulon

Ms.Pac-Man arcade I've spent the most time on ever,and not only the arcade version of that ,but on so many other systems.

Lately have been really into the 7800 version. I'm actually gonna have a go on it right now ;)

Also spent alot of time on Gauntlet 2,even to this day.

• 1 month later...