IGNORED

Do you use The Great Gazoo's XB 2.7s Cartridge?

Omega-TI

Gazoo's Legacy Cartridge  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own an XB 2.7s cartridge?

2. 2. I live in:

• North America
    • Central America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Middle East
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Australia
    • Oceania

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The XB 2.7 cartridge contains a complete suite of additional utility programs and is designed to run from the UberGROM board, which has a different memory footprint than the FinalGROM99. There are UberGROM images that do the same thing for Triton's SEB and Winkler's EB3. The UberGROM images for Gilbertson's RXB 2012 and 2015 combine RXB and REA, but do not include additional utilities like the other three images do. Note that in all cases, it is possible to separate the parts of the suites and run the programs individually from the FinalGROM99--but it does not have the ability to contain the entire suite as a single image.

Note also that each of the different XB extensions has a different set of additional commands and capabilities. All of them have specific advantages and disadvantages when applying them to specific programming tasks, so looking for a "best fit" makes a lot of sense when starting a programming project. The additional functions/commands of RXB have probably seen the most use, but the others also have advantages in specific situations, as already noted.

• Like 1

As time marched on and new goodies came out, I found myself migrating to the FinalGROM 99 as my 'go to' cartridge for 90% of everything now.

At one point I was down to two cartridges on a 50/50 basis << as mentioned here >> but between Tursi's magic, Matt's wizardry and Ralf's brilliance, one cartridge pretty much does the trick for me now.

The XB 2.7 cartridge contains a complete suite of additional utility programs and is designed to run from the UberGROM board, which has a different memory footprint than the FinalGROM99. There are UberGROM images that do the same thing for Triton's SEB and Winkler's EB3. The UberGROM images for Gilbertson's RXB 2012 and 2015 combine RXB and REA, but do not include additional utilities like the other three images do. Note that in all cases, it is possible to separate the parts of the suites and run the programs individually from the FinalGROM99--but it does not have the ability to contain the entire suite as a single image.

Note also that each of the different XB extensions has a different set of additional commands and capabilities. All of them have specific advantages and disadvantages when applying them to specific programming tasks, so looking for a "best fit" makes a lot of sense when starting a programming project. The additional functions/commands of RXB have probably seen the most use, but the others also have advantages in specific situations, as already noted.

A big thank you to all of you who always have an answer for me. Beautiful evening

• Like 2