IGNORED

Do you use The Great Gazoo's XB 2.7s Cartridge?

Omega-TI

Gazoo's Legacy Cartridge  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own an XB 2.7s cartridge?

2. 2. I live in:

• North America
    • Central America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Middle East
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Australia
    • Oceania

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hmmm.... I stand corrected. As a kid, we just formatted by typing "INIT DISK" and whatnot with no cartridge installed (yes, I know there wasnt a cartridge port), straight from the command line. I assumed it was built in. Shows what kids know. ;)

After you posted, I went back and did some research. Forgot how neat that system was. :)

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 1

He has the boards in stock--so he may be out of the ATMEL 1284 chips at the moment, as I always provide him the necessary flash chips with the boards I build for him. I'll let him chime in on that one. I'm out of blank 1284s at the moment too--but I am in the process of ordering some more, so I should have some on-hand and be able to assemble some cartridges by the end of the month.

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you have it still in stock please ?

I'm making more as they sell off and I get parts in. I ran out of atmels but got a shipment in thursday of them. I just shipped out 3 of the xb27 carts! My stock of ubergroms is getting low hoping to get more after the holidays if Jim gets away with soldering over most of his time off :) Check the site regularly and I will probably put one or two up here over the next few days.

Greg

I have a dozen UberGROM boards assembled but with no chips installed yet (and that is the final step before I run them through my test routine). Three of those are already spoken for--with the rest provisionally reserved for Arcadeshopper. I'll probably build another 40-50 of them before the holidays are over, as this batch was built in conjunction with some other board types that I needed in assembled form. I built 10 Black boards, 10 Yellow boards, and the 12 Blue UberGROM boards over the last two days, along with about 80% of a test board for one of my other projects (and before you get happy, Omega, it isn't the Floppy Controller--it was one of my other projects that is ahead of that one in the queue, and one which I will remain silent on until I know if it works).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It has been a little more than a month since I got my XB 2.7 suite cart. I played some games from it just to show it off to family and friends. 2 days ago I tried to use xb 2.7 (Option a) the system just showed a blank screen (cyan) for a second or two and then restarted. Any suggestions please?

Note:

• I never had tried to load xb 2.7 before 2 days ago.
  • My system is PAL
  • I have a 256MB nano peb connected in series with a speech Synth.
  • All other options except (a) works perfectly.

Thanks

David

It has been a little more than a month since I got my XB 2.7 suite cart. I played some games from it just to show it off to family and friends. 2 days ago I tried to use xb 2.7 (Option a) the system just showed a blank screen (cyan) for a second or two and then restarted. Any suggestions please?

Note:

• I never had tried to load xb 2.7 before 2 days ago.
  • My system is PAL
  • I have a 256MB nano peb connected in series with a speech Synth.
  • All other options except (a) works perfectly.

Thanks

David

could be the rom got knocked out of the socket in transit.. it's the square chip on the top left quadrant of the board.. hit fctn-6 at the menu and let us know what it says