IGNORED

jzIntv Simple Key Remap?

First Spear

Are you saying you have jzintv on two computer using the exact same keyboard mapping file; but one has the spacebar working and the other does not? What are the operating systems? Are you sure its finding the keyboard file? Look at the text screen for jzintv errors, although I think jzintv will stop if it finds an error in the keyboard file.

I am saying that I have no hack file and I need one that makes that simple remapping.

Are you saying you have jzintv on two computer using the exact same keyboard mapping file; but one has the spacebar working and the other does not? What are the operating systems? Are you sure its finding the keyboard file? Look at the text screen for jzintv errors, although I think jzintv will stop if it finds an error in the keyboard file.

I think you can only map the spacebar once. Create a keyboard file with this one line in it.

SPACE PD0L_KPE

It maps the spacebar to the left controller "enter". The '=' key should default to the right controller "enter". Use the switch "--kbdhackfile=<path_to_keyboard_file>" in your jzintv start script.

edit:

I discovered that by default jzintv maps the '1' through '=' keyboard keys to the right controller in mapping one, and the same keys become the left controller in mapping two. Use F5 and F6 to switch between mappings. This must be to address keyboards that don't have a numeric pad. Therefore you can use the same '=' key for both controller "enter" keys without the need for a keyboard file or jzintv start script.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

Nothing simple about jzINTV. LOL At least for me. I just need to spend a couple of days beating it into submission but have had a full plate of other things to do.

True enough. It's a programmer's emulator. :-) Or, at least, an integrator's emulator. (As in, someone skilled in integrating an overall solution out of low-level pieces could easily integrate jzintv as a turn-key app.)

There's a reason I enlisted outside help for the user-facing GUI aspect of LTO Flash!. jzIntv may be finnicky, and someday I may address that. But at least LTO Flash! has someone who is better versed at user interfaces providing a better end-user experience than jzIntv does.

Edited by intvnut

There's a reason I enlisted outside help for the user-facing GUI aspect of LTO Flash!. jzIntv may be finnicky, and someday I may address that. But at least LTO Flash! has someone who is better versed at user interfaces providing a better end-user experience than jzIntv does.

I am very much seeing this come to market. I want 10! LOL