IGNORED

ASMA 3.8 is now out!

pseudografx

The reason is to have better compression ratio - the inner zip file uncompressed to have everything as one large chunk of data. ZIP compresses each file individually so it cannot make use of repeating data among several files.

Yeah, I hadn't noticed the difference, which is pretty significant. Fair enough.

I suppose it depends what program you're using to ZIP it too. My initial zipping of the source data is 10MB less than the inner ZIP file that I downloaded from ASMA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Not sure I'm posting in the right place, but this is seemingly the latest ASMA thread?

Because the thread is 5 years old already, it seems the files have since moved to the following site:

http://asma.scene.pl/ASMA

However, unless I'm very bad at searching (and that may very well be the case), I can't seem to locate any music from Electra Glide amongst the files (especially the in-game music, which kept being interrupted as you hit obstacles).

Am I missing something or is it not included? Also, terribly sorry if I should have asked this question somewhere else (please let me know).

Edited by eobet

The official ASMA site is still at asma.atari.org, but the most up-to-date archive is now at the address you mentioned. And since Elektra Glide song is in the archive since long time ago, you can still use the original site's ASMAdb feature, where you can easily find it: http://asma.atari.org/asmadb/search.php?play=26

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello guys

Let's summon the topic starter @pseudografx Maybe he can tell us more.

Sincerely

Mathy

Summon?

Do I have to get the Ouija / Weegee board out?

Knock 3 times if you are here, Pseudografx..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Hey everyone,

I have ceased to update the site long time ago, now that the latest version of the archive is available at SVN, version numbering makes no sense and so do (ir)regular releases. Everyone can grab he most up-to-date archive there. The downside is that ASMAdb is now also outdated, since there is no connection between it and the SVN system.

Availability of SVN only can be a a barrier between an ordinary ASMA music listener and the ASMA itself. Especially when the landing page just says 'service unavailable'.

Of course I do not know what are the plans of the asma.scene.pl website maintainers. Perhaps reviewing the existing asma.atariportal.cz, reducing the contents, removing dead links and publishing a snapshot of the svn every 6-12 months would be a way to go with minimum maintenance efforts.

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

Forgive me, but where is / what is the SVN..

SVN is a source code management and collaboration tool for PCs.
So, to get the current version of the ASMA archive, one needs to install the SVN client and execute the following command:

svn checkout http://asma.scene.pl/asma/trunk

24 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Thanks Baktra, tried a couple of clients and all failed based on a 503 error..

This sort of stuff is something I know zero about, probably me making an mistake..

I would tend to believe the SVN service is also down. For those who would need specific instructions, there is a link to the archived Tutorial page.