IGNORED

Rotary Controller preference for T2K?

Noah98

The ones I built I opted for the rotary to be on the front below the dpad, then use a switch to choose rotary mode or dpad mode. however, now I like playing T2k on my Jag with my Sega Genesis Rotary Controller :) works really well and is comfortable to hold. one of the easiest mods to do, parts are really cheap.

http://youtu.be/loEDSa5B5Ho

Do you have a parts list with maybe links to where to order?

Do you have a parts list with maybe links to where to order?

Encoder used in this video - Mouser.com - 652 PEC11 4015F S24

Then find a 25mm audio volume knob you like. The ones used in this video were obtained from Radio Shack. or do a google search for 25mm black audio knob

D Sub Connector Hood - Radio Shack - Model #: 276-1513 | Catalog #: 2761513

15 pin male connector - Radio Shack -Model #: 276-1501 | Catalog #: 2761501

The ones I built I opted for the rotary to be on the front below the dpad, then use a switch to choose rotary mode or dpad mode. however, now I like playing T2k on my Jag with my Sega Genesis Rotary Controller :) works really well and is comfortable to hold. one of the easiest mods to do, parts are really cheap.

Let's try again.

Do you have/can you make a diagram that shows the connections needed on the Genesis controller side? I assume the pins you wrote down correspond to the pins on the connector?

Let's try again.

Do you have/can you make a diagram that shows the connections needed on the Genesis controller side? I assume the pins you wrote down correspond to the pins on the connector?

yes, the pins refer to the new 15 pin connector.

Will see about making a drawing, I am not the best of artists :P

• Like 1

I have the Chaos Reigns and must be one of the few people that actually prefers to play with a regular pad. Thought about trying to create a Proper tempest controller that replicates the arcade layout, but my skills really don't lend themselves to that.

• Like 1

I have the Chaos Reigns and must be one of the few people that actually prefers to play with a regular pad. Thought about trying to create a Proper tempest controller that replicates the arcade layout, but my skills really don't lend themselves to that.

thats a pretty cool idea!

thats a pretty cool idea!

I'm sure I can get some off the shelf parts intended for actual arcades, but then wiring that up to work with the jag (Probably cannibalizing a jagpad to do so) and then assembling it to look more than a crude box is something I would fail at.

Ultimately being able to find a damaged tempest cab and re purposing an original controller panel would be my dream, but I don't even know if it could be made to work.

Next month in November I'll order Protector + Resurgence, in December I'll get the rotary controller with the switch that has both a d-pad and the rotary next under it. For me that one is the most appealing one.

My collection "backwards" is complete after that. Then I'll just sit around and wait for all indie dev teams new releases. And yes, it's a shame that Breakout didn't support the rotary. Great game anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the t2k commandor one from danny galaga its ptrtty good but the knob got unglued now so have to readjust it

Sorry to hear that :(

Just be sure when you glue the knob back on, to use glue sparingly. I used epoxy resin. The first time I did one some of the glue got in the encoder and gummed it up, so be careful, use 5 minute epoxy and hold it upside down while it sets (",)

I am surprised there aren't more right handed controllers out there. Yes they are harder to make, but it just makes more sense!

anyone who has been using dual analog thumbsticks for nearly 2 decades should be ambi-dexterous when it comes to controllers by now, like myself, and either way should feel comfotable. I happen to like using controllers face-up, if yoy got a problem with that, to bad. I don't care.

I agree. My Rotary controller has the knob in place of the + control, and it's a non-issue for me. When I look at pictures, I think it might be difficult, but I just use my index/pointer finger to make it go back and forth, and can still use my right hand for shooting.

• 2 months later...