IGNORED

No more ST ports for you....

CyranoJ

I tried to send Money to you CJ, NOT myself. And Asked you, person to person, if I could have my people pay YOU and me re-pop those. BTW, I don't need you to to do the ST ports. No one was out to screw you and I was trying to let other people in this community have a nice dvd style case with labels like I do. I thank you for the work and I am sorry we had a miss-understanding.

Would you like me to post what you actually said? Or do you want to tell people yourself?

Because I'm not going to have you make me look like the prick here. Now, tell us who is selling these. You know, that thing you said you couldn't do, and now claim they don't exist.

Here's your latest PM.

onalok

Star Raider

• photo-42448.jpg?_r=1443409724
  • rank_joysticks_2.gif
  • 64 posts
  • US Citizen

Sent Today, 12:09 PM

Dude, A whole thread, really? Stop crying man. Nobody fucked you, just stop the crap man.

• Like 7

You know what folks, make up your own mind.

Black = Onalok

Red = Me

Blue = My comments

Initial PM..

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:29 PM

Hello man, I have most of your St to Jag cd ports. And I paid for them. I have some folks (not to many) that would like copies of your st to jag games. I know R-type, or the cd copy I have has NO sound. The fact that it works at all, I think, Is more important. I am asking for your permission before I re-pop this or any of your ST conversions. Please tell me yes or no. Thanks, Nick- onalok.

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:40 PM

I have no idea who you paid for them as they are freely available (I'd like to know...)

However, they are most certainly NOT for sale.

Here he admits he gets them from somewhere else, but cannot tell me who.

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:54 PM

I can not give up the source as to, I was told to never re-pop these. What if I just give the guys the cd's , would that be okay? Here is my list:

Just a list of My Jag cd rom's. This is for those that don't think the doom 3 project will come to life on jag.

1sT List (1of3) has some of the atari ST conversions and good Jag cd demos and such.

1 - 3D wire (demo)
2 - 8 biteer ... etc
Yes, I have all of them with your dvd/cd case inserts and cd labels. That is why I asked. I am NOT looking to make money and I will let the guys pay you directly if you want. But I would like to just re-pop them for free for a few of my Jag Cd Repair customers so they can play. No money to me, If that Is OKay?

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:57 PM

Oh, I paid for retailed titles in the money I spent. If you look at the list it was not a Bad deal or screw over.

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:19 PM

here is a pic of the back on R-Type [Picture in this thread]

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:22 PM

And All the St ports have case inserts. I asked you first, it's your stuff. I will wait to hear back from you. No THREAT here bro, Later.

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:27 PM

So you are ok to protect the scumbag selling my work? Nice....

Sorry i cannot give you permission to sell any of these on.
Here's another admission someone paid. Anyone know bobit2692?
Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:05 PM

The Scum bag paid, know I Bob, In ohio. NOT a scum bag as I am sure he Paid As well. And neither of us are looking to make money off your work Bro, I will GIVE my cd repair guys the copies if you will allow it. Im asking you dude. Is not a scum bag, source: bobit2692 ebay

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:20 PM

Someone somewhere is selling them otherwise why keep it quiet.

Do what you want there won't be any more.
And now a link to Felyx's thread, because, you know, that makes it all ok.
Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:28 PM

http://www.yaronet.c...rd/topic/146080 For jag Cd Games.

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:50 PM

I was trying to send you people that WOULD PAY for your work. To YOU, your money if you wanted, not money to me or anyone else !!! Sorry you mis-understood me.

Here is the one I got saying he paid the authors for this stuff, which is why I asked in the thread if anyone had got anything...

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:05 PM

Look man, I try my best to support coders. I am one. I have donated to harmlesslion and orion. My copy of Philia and Els were paid. Here is proof:

Hello,

Thank you for your purchase of my adventure games "Elansar" and "Philia:
the Sequel to Elansar" for the Jaguar CD.

I asked him how that explained his source....

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:17 PM

Does not explain:

'I can not give up the source as to, I was told to never re-pop these.'

Someone, somewhere is making cash.

And gave him a chance to explain himself...

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:32 PM

The thread is open if you want to come clean and expose the seller....

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:36 PM

Let Me explain. I bought the entire list that I gave before. All at once with payment to current coders. The Money paid for materials bro, Not the software. And I told you the source.

Again I asked for his source, as he hadn't explained that yet.

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:38 PM

Does not explain:

'I can not give up the source as to, I was told to never re-pop these.'

Someone, somewhere is making cash.

So it costs money to make these, which is why selling them is ok... another claim at paying the authors which was refuted by the actual authors in this thread (and by myself, Reboot received nothing)

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:46 PM

It costs money to do High end reproduction DVD cases, color Laser printed Inserts and cd labels. Over 100 discs AFTER I paid the authors. The cost was $300, it cost that in material and was done to me as a favor. AGAIN, I just wanted your permission to re-pop a few ST Games, A simple yes, or NO. That is it bro, and I even was willing to send MY customers to YOU IF, you wanted anything.

Sent Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:49 PM

$300 AFTER I paid Authors

My personal opinion? Onalok's source is either this mysterious bob guy from ebay, or it's actually him. Either way, until his 'source' is explained this is all on him.

There then followed the above PM...

[Edited for clarity]

As for this:

I tried to send Money to you CJ, NOT myself. And Asked you, person to person, if I could have my people pay YOU and me re-pop those. BTW, I don't need you to to do the ST ports.

Money??? Start dealing with current software companies. I AM the only one trying to get real Lic and glass mastered CD's made for Jag of major ports. Later Guys, and Let it be known that I didn't try to screw over anyone.

Is that top bit an admission that you are selling them? As for not needing me to do them, well, that's lucky that I already did. And who else in this multi-billion user scene is doing this, prey tell? And what are you trying to glass master, ffs? Binaries that are available for free? Wow you FUCKING HERO.

BTW, if the other people who PM'd me regarding this would like to post their messages, go ahead.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 8

It may be my english but i have a problem understanding what this guy is saying.

He's a fucking crackerhead, that's why.

High level drama...

I'm glad I'm only on lvl 21.

Hope yall come out intact in the other end.

It might be a joking matter to you, but it's important to some of us. If you have nothing constructive to add, why not just STFU and go read the Checkered Flag thread or something.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 3

Ok, this just proves how stupid some collectors are when they have been publicly released FOR FREE. Hell if you follow any of the major sources for news on the Jag you're bound to find out about the games and where to get them FOR FREE. CyranoJ should put a nice big disclaimer before the menu screen loads that the game was released to the public thats if he ever decides to continue in light of this.... Some of those very old BJL demos are on all kinds of websites and have been for a very long time.

• Like 4

It might be a joking matter to you, but it's important to some of us. If you have nothing constructive to add, why not just STFU and go read the Checkered Flag thread or something.

I understand the situation you're in, but this is the internet. No matter what website you go on, it will have the same side effects. You will find trolls, jokers, etc.

Ok, this just proves how stupid some collectors are when they have been publicly released FOR FREE. Hell if you follow any of the major sources for news on the Jag you're bound to find out about the games and where to get them FOR FREE. CyranoJ should put a nice big disclaimer before the menu screen loads that the game was released to the public thats if he ever decides to continue in light of this.... Some of those very old BJL demos are on all kinds of websites and have been for a very long time.

Again, who cares about the freely-released stuff?

That guy listed Matthis', Orion's, Our and other paid-for releases in his warez library. Fuck that.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 3

Again, who cares about the freely-released stuff?

That guy listed Matthis', Orion's, Our and other paid-for releases in his warez library. Fuck that.

Yeah, I have a big problem with that. These guys (Matthis, Orion, etc.) spent a LOT of time and effort developing these games. This is time they could have spent contracting for a variety of companies after hours, making $50-$150 in contracting fees per hour. Instead, they decided to put in the time and effort into their passion making games for a community.

There's always one or two really bad people in every community. I think we found one.

It's no joke to me, just sad to see some guys who do contribute to this community in a vs battle, one repairing broken JagCD:s to second life, the other side software developers = constructive feedback.

I read this and THAT thread, which both of us already have read I reckon. How can anyone be constructive in the CF thread?

I might be one that suffer on basis of this vs., not only one side of it.

It's no joke to me, just sad to see some guys who do contribute to this community in a vs battle, one repairing broken JagCD:s to second life, the other side software developers = constructive feedback.

I read this and THAT thread, which both of us already have read I reckon. How can anyone be constructive in the CF thread?

Repairing broken JagCDs and dishing out the warez. That's no contribution - that's taking money for doing a job and fucking over other people to fill his pockets while he's at it.

If you see what he does as any way up there with people making games that's a twisted view of what's going on.

At best, he's woefully misinformed about what rights purchasing a game entitles him; perhaps also a bit deluded about the service he thinks he's performing for the Jaguar community by printing the CDs/covers.

At worst, he's trying to pay for his gaming habit, or just make some money, by selling warez. This seems to be what most in this thread think is the case.

• Like 2

Glad that you have the whole big picture though, and correct me/us about it when we ask/post twisted realities. At the bottom everyone is above, man I only have 118 likes this far and could they go backwards the probably would.

Is there a conclusion to this, can anyone actually control this? Can I for sure say that my RR CD is original or a fake one? The fate of CD games, I guess, easy to say for me, not being a part of the victims, yes. Is there a lot of customers for the copies? I see people here as mostly honest collectors...

It's a bit sad, that's just all. The entire thing. I want repairs, Doom 3, ST ports.. etc... and now this halt. Sad.

At best, he's woefully misinformed about what rights purchasing a game entitles him; perhaps also a bit deluded about the service he thinks he's performing for the Jaguar community by printing the CDs/covers.

At worst, he's trying to pay for his gaming habit, or just make some money, by selling warez. This seems to be what most in this thread think is the case.

sounds good enough for me +1

Let's see:

1. You've just been reported
  2. The ST games are what caught my attention, your warez list is what brought the lynch mob.
  3. Go ahead, start porting games. Then I won't have to. I await your games with sound.
  4. Free <> Right to re-sell.
  5. I don't want your money.
  6. You are ruining your name
  7. You need to grown up.
    oh and
  8. LOL.

Gotta love how actually creating the thing is a small part, but burning CDs is MASSIVE ;)

What. A. Joke.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 1