IGNORED

Fallout 4 thread

glazball

So from what I have read/seen, for the consoles, the PS4 version somewhat better with the frame rate over all, but the Xbox one does somewhat better when there is a lot of particles around.

Bugs are to be expected, but I hope they are killers like the ones PS3 owners had to initially deal with when playing Skyrim.

So from what I have read/seen, for the consoles, the PS4 version somewhat better with the frame rate over all, but the Xbox one does somewhat better when there is a lot of particles around.

Bugs are to be expected, but I hope they are killers like the ones PS3 owners had to initially deal with when playing Skyrim.

They already compared them here. I regret not getting it on PC.

PC is and always will be best and it seems according to them, you can run it on a low budget machine.

Bethesda games always have bugs but for me they are acceptable unlike some other games. It just comes with the territory and I live with it on every release.

• Like 1

Perhaps some of these issues will be fixed in a patch down the road. Only time will tell.

They mentioned that perhaps an SSD would have helped. Well, you can stick an SSD easily in an Xbox One, and I've read that the PS4 doesn't understand how to use one very well, so the benefits are marginal. Not that I have the time to test it myself.

Perhaps some of these issues will be fixed in a patch down the road. Only time will tell.

They mentioned that perhaps an SSD would have helped. Well, you can stick an SSD easily in an Xbox One, and I've read that the PS4 doesn't understand how to use one very well, so the benefits are marginal. Not that I have the time to test it myself.

Heh, I got an SSD in one (500GB) and a 2TB standard drive in another. (I have two PS4's, lucky enough to gnab a 20th anniv, unit). I also have hybrid drives on both my PS3's.

The SSD makes an improvement on load times accross the board and in some games that use the hard drive it can make a difference. Its definitely noticeable. Still not worth the money though as they are expensive but it also does make navigating the PS4 and the PS4 boot up time improve even more.The PS4 is pretty fast as it is so I still wouldnt recommend an expensive SSD. I get discounts on a lot of stuff because I'm in IT and buy stuff for my servers and other things etc at work.

Normally I wouldn't have pre-ordered, I hate pre-ordering anything but I wanted that pip boy replica.

Actually, I mistyped. Forgot you can't replace the internal HD to the Xbox One (unless someone has figured that out). SSD over USB3 probably would not help things.

Wonder if a hybrid drive would be an option for a PS4. Cheaper than a straight out SSD. Windows 10 and OS X defintiely get a benefit.

Edit

I don't preorder too much anymore either. The PIP boy replica doesn't do it for me. I generally only preorder niche jprg these days... especially if I get a sound track out of it.

Edited by cybercylon

Played a few hours today. So far so good. It's pretty familiar, which is fine, I'm digging the updated graphics.

One thing I don't like is the recycled music. I loved the Fallout 3 soundtrack, but was disappointed so many of the same song were re-used. Also not digging the new DJ. Sounds like the comic book store owner from Big Bang Theory.

We get used to the music so much from the previous games its hard to get into new stuff. Oblivion music > Skyrim music but the music in Skyrim fits the nordic setting IMO.

Anyway, yeah I'm really digging the improved graphics cause Fallout 3 looks damn ugly nowadays. I beat that game twice once on console and once on PC and its looking pretty dated now.

I spent way too much time messing with the pip boy replica. I have it all set up like the nerd I am and it works quite well. I was torn between an all out melee character, a gunner or a sneaky sniper. I'm going for the thief sniper route but I may change my mind later.

I actually like that they combined everything into one Perk tree and you level your SPECIAL stats. When I first played Fallout 3 I didn't particularly like the seperate leveling of Skills and Perks etc. It seemed more of a chore for me at first. I like the streamlined leveling in this game better where your looking forward to leveling out a perk and getting some big bonus for doing so and without a level cap it doesn't seem like your wasting your points. I'll be playing this for a while.

I splurged last night & bought an Xbox One + Fallout 4 bundle. Would have done a PS4+F4 bundle had it existed at the time. But I needed my fix now.

The graphics are okay, they only seem slightly better than Skyrim. The mouth animations for talking characters aren't so great, but it's not LA Noire. But either way, I'm having fun.

The having your cell phone act as a PIP boy is quite slick. It's like a substitute Wii U.

I splurged last night & bought an Xbox One + Fallout 4 bundle. Would have done a PS4+F4 bundle had it existed at the time. But I needed my fix now.

I was told in a PM that Best Buy is giving away Fallout 4 if you buy a PS4.

polygon.com/2015/11/9/9695968/best-buy-gamestop-fallout-4-free-deal-ps4-bundle

I was told in a PM that Best Buy is giving away Fallout 4 if you buy a PS4.

polygon.com/2015/11/9/9695968/best-buy-gamestop-fallout-4-free-deal-ps4-bundle

I saw that too. Looks like I jumped the gun. Could have gained a game + saved 60 bucks. But, I shall enjoy what I have now. That and I have a 360 so I can just swap that out for the XB1 and play any unfinished 360 games.

I got a pipboy edition for Xbox One. Why did I go with that version? Was the cheapest re-seller on ebay and I wasn't fast enough to pre-order one when they went up for sale. $165 wasn't too badly over priced and I got it delivered directly to my house so that's a plus. Great game, too bad I couldn't get a pipboy edition for a normal retail price...however, that being said - the pipboy edition is one of the best CE's I've seen in a long time. Totally worth the cash dump if you're a big fan of the series.

My experience so far feels off. This hasn't grabbed me like the previous two games. They almost changed it too much. It doesn't even feel like any of the same people worked on this. Some of the stuff is way too streamlined. I don't like the new radiation system or how they throw 10 ghouls at you while you try to sneak through a raider outpost. I have only six hours in so maybe it will grow on me. I hope someone makes a mod that makes VATS stop time like in previous games and changes back the radiation system.

Edited by xenomorpher

I dunno....I'm worried. I'm level 3, I have a T45 powersuit and a minigun, and I just got jumped by a mature Deathclaw and a bunch of raiders....and lived. W...T...F. I'm afraid they removed the two things about the game I loved the most : it was HARD, and your Karma really mattered. I have seen no sign of either so far. Plus, they added a bunch of crafting crap that I absolutely am not interested in. If I wanted to build things I'd play Minecraft. I want to fight for my life against an unfair world, not manufacture doilies and rocking chairs.

• Like 1

I dunno....I'm worried. I'm level 3, I have a T45 powersuit and a minigun, and I just got jumped by a mature Deathclaw and a bunch of raiders....and lived. W...T...F. I'm afraid they removed the two things about the game I loved the most : it was HARD, and your Karma really mattered. I have seen no sign of either so far. Plus, they added a bunch of crafting crap that I absolutely am not interested in. If I wanted to build things I'd play Minecraft. I want to fight for my life against an unfair world, not manufacture doilies and rocking chairs.

It gets harder without the powersuit. They put that in there so you know how powerful you can become. They did leave out the karma system instead of refining it. Oh, and you get four choices for dialog. And your weapons never break, something from Skyrim I didn't like. So far it feels like the RPG elements are taking a backseat like I feared. It's like the series' Resident Evil 6, but it's been getting 9's. This will probably grow on me like I said since it isn't a bad game. The shooting has been fun.

No matter what the big changes are, for better or worse, I know I'm going to play the heck out of it. I'm gonna get my money's worth. I'm gonna spend countless hours micro-managing things(including the settlement), looting stuff, crafting stuff & every side-quest known to man.

Wish I could get it to play music off of my iPod.