IGNORED

Fallout 4 thread

glazball

• 3 weeks later...

Best Buy is having a sale on this (all platforms). My son tends to hog the PS4. Have the frame rate issues for the XBox one version been resolved to any degree? I have read that installing the game on an external HD can help, but all I have is an laptop drive in an external USB3 enclosure on hand (drive spins at 7200 rpm).

Yes, I know the PC version would be a better bet, but none of or computers are new enough to deal with it.

• Like 1

Finally finished Fallout 4 a few days ago -- finished meaning I got done the main quest, all the faction quests that didn't repeat, and most of the side stuff.

Just in time, also, as Betheseda sent out a tweat today that the first DLC is coming soon!

Also, they teased 'expanded Survival' mode even more hard core then what New Vegas has. :)

• Like 1

Finally finished Fallout 4 a few days ago -- finished meaning I got done the main quest, all the faction quests that didn't repeat, and most of the side stuff.

Just in time, also, as Betheseda sent out a tweat today that the first DLC is coming soon!

Also, they teased 'expanded Survival' mode even more hard core then what New Vegas has. :)

I can easily see myself in three years, playing it - modded and DLCed to unrecognizability. Bethesda is like wine (that starts from horrible launches...).

PS @cimerians thanks for the lol !

This. This game badly needs that expanded survival thingy in my opinion. I absolutely can't wait! I'm not done with the main story yet as i like to take it slow but i will now take a bigger break in anticipation of this survival mode, in case i have to restart or something.

• Like 1

Managed to put over 150 hours... maybe over 180 at this point. There is a lot to see and do... I'm two missions away from getting the platinum (PS4). Some of the missions are awesome and there are a few of those 'holy crap!" moments that I look forward to from these games.

DLC news... I remember Fallout 3 had released DLC around this time of year... wonder if we'll have it drop by the end of Feb? I'm almost ready for new content!

Fallout 4 is a good game, but it feels more like borderland game.

Like when you kill a monster and it drop "a magical item" like a super duble power shootgun ?, why a mole rat can have that on it.

I prefered much more how weapons worked on the older games.

DLC season pass pricetag gets bumped up to $50. Still $30 bucks if you throw your money at it before March 1st which they hope we all do:

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

I bought the Season Pass shortly after Fallout 4 came out. I'm kinda disappointed in what I see so far. Modding robots sounds pretty cool I guess, but caging people and monsters and having them fight in arenas? Pass.

Only one story DLC mentioned so far, which is what I was really looking forward to. I want more quests, more weapons, more vaults and places to explore, and more places to create settlements at (not for the Minutemen though, I have gotten real tired of that sh*t!)

DLC season pass pricetag gets bumped up to $50. Still $30 bucks if you throw your money at it before March 1st which they hope we all do:

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

I ended up getting the Xbox One version. Good thing there is another pay day before March 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know typical Fallout DLCs can be finished in less than 10 hours, but I can easily milk 30-60 hours out of them if you do the side quests. However, I'm finding nothing for side quests, so I'm just scavenging to start my own robot army.

• Like 1

I'll just say it. Fallout 4 sucks in comparison to III or FNV. It was a big disappointment.

I hate crafting and trash collecting and repetitive meaningless tasks. In 90 of encounters, even bosses on survival mode, I just run up and point blank them in the head with my largest weapon and they go right down. I have so many chems and so much money that it makes encounters meaningless.

I'll just say it. Fallout 4 sucks in comparison to III or FNV. It was a big disappointment.

I hate crafting and trash collecting and repetitive meaningless tasks. In 90 of encounters, even bosses on survival mode, I just run up and point blank them in the head with my largest weapon and they go right down. I have so many chems and so much money that it makes encounters meaningless.

Well, the commercial for the game looked great and that's all that matters. :D