IGNORED

Roc 'n' Rope, faster version

Gurner

Some people hate this game, but I've been playing the "Roc 'n Rope (1984) (Coleco, Ed English) (2667) ~.bin" version and it runs considerably faster than the CBS version.

Both the versions I've been able to find are NTSC only – has a PAL60 version of this been made here?

I can't seem to find one via Google.

When played at fast speed, this is a pretty cool platformer, with multiple level designs.

• Like 1

In the end I deleted the 2600 version from Harmony Cartridge. The game just felt more like a prototype not only because of the graphics. As a comparison, I still keep Amidar but that game is also far from "balanced state". I know there is a speed hack of Amidar by T.J. but that makes the game play too fast.

What I'd like to know is if there ever was a proper PAL version released?

I have a PAL copy but the colours are all wrong. Unless I'm supposed to believe I'm fighting against clones of Barney the wretched purple dino thing. Did they ever convert it to PAL with proper colours?

Here is a quick edit, the colors of the birds tail could not be changed since the bytes are reused from the bird graphics.

I have only fixed the first level. I suck at this game, so if there are more graphics then the first level then let me know.

But to be honest, this game needs proper fixing since the linecount bounces all over the universe :-o . I'm surprised any TV can get a steady picture out of it.

And please bare in mind that PAL has less collors then NTSC so the image is a bit less colorful.

Roc 'n Rope (1984) (Coleco) (PAL Colors)(h).bin

Enjoy

EDIT:

I managed to pass the first level...

and then I thought... Why Play? Just cheat...

so I checked the folowing levels and fixed the colors.

Edited by DrWho198
  • Like 2

Here is a quick edit, the colors of the birds tail could not be changed since the bytes are reused from the bird graphics.

I have only fixed the first level. I suck at this game, so if there are more graphics then the first level then let me know.

But to be honest, this game needs proper fixing since the linecount bounces all over the universe :-o . I'm surprised any TV can get a steady picture out of it.

And please bare in mind that PAL has less collors then NTSC so the image is a bit less colorful.

attachicon.gifRoc 'n Rope (1984) (Coleco) (PAL Colors)(h).bin

Enjoy

EDIT:

I managed to pass the first level...

and then I thought... Why Play? Just cheat...

so I checked the folowing levels and fixed the colors.

Awesome stuff. Now is the time for me to order that Harmony cart I keep promising myself ?

• Like 1