IGNORED

Woo Hoo! Got my "New" Atari 1200XL

joe58

Am so psyched, I received my Tricked-out Atari 1200XL from Steve Tucker yesterday. Fired her up and it works like a top, though I haven't been able to test out the SIO2PC Univeral Interface (USB edition) yet, but am excited about it. I do have one question, the 1200XL does have the SuperVideo 2.1 Upgrade and am wondering if I need a different video cable to take advantage of the improved graphics. With the one I have now, the video seems the same as on my old 1200XL that was unmodified. It is hooked up just to a Dynex LCD.

The bad news is that now it will be packed up as the deal with the missus states that it is to be a Christmas Present. Humbug! Thanks to a forum member though the keyboard on my old 1200XL is in process of being repaired and I will soon again be sitting at a Atari Computer!!!!!!

Joe C.

• Like 4

I do have one question, the 1200XL does have the SuperVideo 2.1 Upgrade and am wondering if I need a different video cable to take advantage of the improved graphics.

If you are running just composite video or if you're still going through the RF channel 3, it will look no better. You need to be using the Y/C, separate (Chroma & Luma) or also called s-video and it should look amazing.

See link below for a high quality 8-bit monitor cable. They're $11,99.

https://www.8bitclassics.com/Atari-800-XL-XE-5-Pin-DIN-S-Video-Cable.html

70a74eec7083f321b4ee03954297deb8-500x500

http://www.atarimax.com/forsale/index.html

System Includes

• Rare 1200XL in good condition
  • Enhancements Include
    • APE Warp+ 32-in-1 OS Upgrade Pre-Installed!
      • APE Warp+ OS
      • Atari 1200XL OS
      • Atari 130XE OS w/ Reverse Basic
      • Atari 800 Compatible OS
      • Hold SELECT at Power ON for On-Screen OS Selection Menu!
    • SuperVideo 2.1 Upgrade (very sharp chroma/luma or composite video)
    • Keyboard All Keys 100% Tested and Working (Keyboard hand refurbished to original responsiveness if required)
    • APE/ProSystem Interface Internal SIO Power Modificaition (Restores compatibility with all SIO powered devices)
    • APE/ProSystem Universal Interface w/ Serial Cable (DB9)
    • 256k 800XL RAMBO Compatible RAM Upgrade (All 130XE Compatible except 'ANTIC Banking' demos)
  • Original 1200XL Power Supply

• $249 + $15 Shipping in USA (e-mail for shipping quote elsewhere)
  • Like 2

http://www.atarimax.com/forsale/index.html

System Includes

• Rare 1200XL in good condition
  • Enhancements Include
    • APE Warp+ 32-in-1 OS Upgrade Pre-Installed!
      • APE Warp+ OS
      • Atari 1200XL OS
      • Atari 130XE OS w/ Reverse Basic
      • Atari 800 Compatible OS
      • Hold SELECT at Power ON for On-Screen OS Selection Menu!
    • SuperVideo 2.1 Upgrade (very sharp chroma/luma or composite video)
    • Keyboard All Keys 100% Tested and Working (Keyboard hand refurbished to original responsiveness if required)
    • APE/ProSystem Interface Internal SIO Power Modificaition (Restores compatibility with all SIO powered devices)
    • APE/ProSystem Universal Interface w/ Serial Cable (DB9)
    • 256k 800XL RAMBO Compatible RAM Upgrade (All 130XE Compatible except 'ANTIC Banking' demos)
  • Original 1200XL Power Supply

• $249 + $15 Shipping in USA (e-mail for shipping quote elsewhere)

This is my new baby! The only difference is that I paid $25 extra to get the USB version of the APE/ProSystem Universal Interface. Absolutely love it. I tried it out for about a half-hour then the wife confiscated it as it will be under my Christmas tree. It's cool though as my repaired keyboard for my current 1200XL is soon to be on it's way back to me.

Joe C.

It looks nice, but, I personally would prefer to delete the 32 in one and the RAMbo and add a U1M.

For an old Atari fan like myself who just had an Stock 1200XL with a funky keyboard and just a Ms PacMan and Donkey Kong carts, to one of Steve's Tricked our machines, I am totally thrilled. Had me an 800XL back when they first came out and missed it so much when I sold it just a few years later. Come Christmas morning, I will be back in the game!!!!!!

• Like 2