IGNORED

New MESS GUI Launcher

Shift838

• 2 weeks later...

Qmc2 works fine for me. I am not a programmer. But have you seen the 3D GUIs to configure BIOS boards like GigaByte? Maybe an idea to create one for TI and PEB box how to insert cards in PEB box. Look inside the TI graphically if 32k is installed. Something like this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ojLcuOWtViQboth text and 3D gui mode would be great!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally tested this :D

Awesome work man++

Going to play around some more now I have the time

Thanx again

Glad you found it useful and like it. any feature request let me know. I will need to revisit this to add a few options I have thought of in the last 6 months. it's on my todo list.

• 1 year later...

I'm starting to update OoeyGUI and i'm going to attempt to make it in Python so it can be cross-platform compatible.

If anyone has any feature request let me know.

my current plan is to get it working the exact way it does in the VB .NET version for Windows:

• Load configuration files (XML)
  • Save configuration Files (XML)
  • Quick key launches (F1 - F10)
  • Floppy/Hard disk and cartridge loading
  • tools support for 'chdman' and 'TIIMAGETOOL'
  • Serial Bridge mapping

Any other feature request please let me know.

I through the main tab together tonight. Well it's about 95% done for the layout. No logic yet.

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

I have all the forms created in Python as a GUI.

I have about 25% of the logic done.

Does one of those other tabs have configuration information for floppies whether they are 40/80 tracks and or single density, double density, or high density?

Do you have the ability to write out the complete string as a BATch file so you can command line launch it later on?

Just asking.

Beery

Does one of those other tabs have configuration information for floppies whether they are 40/80 tracks and or single density, double density, or high density?

Do you have the ability to write out the complete string as a BATch file so you can command line launch it later on?

Just asking.

Beery

The images tab allow you to select which image to mount, but the selection between 40/80 t rack is actually done in Mame/MESS menu of the application.

yet another update.

slowly getting there.

I have 90% of the logic in and can launch MAME via my GUI for Geneve 9640, TI-99/2 with Hexbus and TI-99/4A (all flavors). Will work on the TI-99/8 tomorrow, i also need to work on getting the CHDMAN form done, not a show stopper for that peice. But I do need to see if I can get the IDE HD working. Never done that on MAME before.

then a few more tweeks before I can send it out to testers.

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 7

not a lot of time for me to work on OoeyGUI this week. I'm out of town starting tomorrow for 8 days. I was hoping to have at least a test out, but not yet. I did not know there were this many switches that I need to consider. I have some thinking to do. I will be taking the source with me though and may be working on it while i'm in Colorado.

I will be taking the source with me though and may be working on it while i'm in Colorado.

Colorado? Enjoy the slopes and the time with family. Don't worry about the OoeyGUI as it will still be there when you return home.

Now if you break a leg on the slopes and will be in traction, then it is acceptable to ask the wife to bring the laptop to the hospital............

Beery

Edited by BeeryMiller
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I had a medical issue I had to deal with once I got back from Colorado and I was told it required some outpatient surgery, which was done 1/4/19. I'm sore, but I have been working on and off on the GUI. I did noticed that positioning on some of my widgets were off on Linux and OSX but not on Windows. It seems there is an issue with the GUI creation on other OS systems to port to different OS'. I have corrected it, it does look a bit different now but all OS' platforms are now have the same look and feel for OoeyGUI.

Hoping to have a compiled beta soon.

• Like 2

i have posted a beta to my google drive. All testers should have received links.

I still have some coding to do, but the systems all launch correct with the exception to the TI-99/4P (aka SGCPU). working on figuring that out. Read the development notes on the google drive to see what I have tested and what I still need to work on.

If you find other things that need correcting let me know. or if you have suggestions.

The one I posted is for Windows as it's a self contained compiled version. I am working on testing on linux in its current state and should have a compiled version posted for Linux hopefully next day or so.

OSX maybe a bit longer to get a compiled version out. looking into that. I do have OSX running virtually so I can see if what I have currently works on it or not.

• Like 1