IGNORED

New MESS GUI Launcher

Shift838

First impressions on Mac OSX, on a Macbook Air with screen resolution 1366x768, the main window is too tall to fit onscreen - I cannot see anything below the "Quick Load Keys" label, the window doesn't seem to scroll down with the mouse wheel. The MAME options page is blank, I would at least like to set the options "-w"and "-nomax". I lost my Configuration options the first time because I hit launch before clicking Save OoeyGUI Configuration (and before reading the About tab.) I loaded a Legend of Tilda cartridge and it worked great!

Edited by PeteE

First impressions on Mac OSX, on a Macbook Air with screen resolution 1366x768, the main window is too tall to fit onscreen - I cannot see anything below the "Quick Load Keys" label, the window doesn't seem to scroll down with the mouse wheel. The MAME options page is blank, I would at least like to set the options "-w"and "-nomax". I lost my Configuration options the first time because I hit launch before clicking Save OoeyGUI Configuration (and before reading the About tab.) I loaded a Legend of Tilda cartridge and it worked great!

Have you read the development notes on the google drive?

Also, there is no options on the MAME options tab, I actually think I will be removing that tab and just forcing the launch in 'Windowed' mode. There are not any options below the quick load keys.

I still need to work on the save system configuration options.

• 2 weeks later...

yes i ran it in windows, got frustrated having to enter my path 9 times :) so haven't gotten back yet.. will tho

The path will stay, you can edit and save the ooeygui configuration that is loaded up when ooeygui starts by going to the 'Configuration' Tab and entering your paths then clicking the 'Save OoeyGUI Configuration' button.

Edited by Shift838

The path will stay, you can edit and save the ooeygui configuration that is loaded up when ooeygui starts by going to the 'Configuration' Tab and entering your paths then clicking the 'Save OoeyGUI Configuration' button.

Yeah it was just that it is wrong in every field.. so i had to go through all of them

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Chris, is there any way to map keyed shortcuts to MAME menu items?

For instance, 5 GRAM Kracker dipswitches.... would be super nice to click and hold F1-F5 and then cycle through switch options with the left and right arrow keys. :D

no. the program I am coding is simply a launcher for a system configuration and controls no aspects of mame other than what can be issued at the command line to launch the system.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been doing a bit of work on the code this weekend. I did fine a few bugs. I have implemented:

• Loading of configuration files (browse to file)
  • Quick load keys F1 through F12 to load fav#.xml files, then # is the Function key.
  • Creation of blank unformatted hard drive images within ooeygui for use with the HFDC

I want to get a few more things done before I release the next build to the Beta testers.

• Like 2

still working on a few more updates before post the new update.

I have put in place:

• complete form reset
  • Geneve Boot BIOS selection (.98 / 1.0)
  • coded launch of all tools to run in separate process thread
    • Now multiple MAME sessions can be ran!

My changes work on both Linux and Windows now and need to test on my OSX virtual before I post.

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1

i worked on it a bit more and i got the code working to map the serial bridge. Will be doing some more testing and probably wait for a week or so to release. I want to put it through it's paces myself. I'll post an update if I put it on the google drive for the testers.

Testers please test for any bugs in the other areas so I can address.

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beta Testers,

Latest code is up for Linux, OSX and Windows on the share.

I have implemented quite a few changes on this one and moved quite a bit of code around.

Fixed various issues and added new features.

Also tested with the latest MAME v0.206b

All in the newly formatted DEV notes.

02-08-2019_Development Notes OoeyGUI MESS Version 2.pdf

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 4

Guess I have to go to 100% on my sound on Windows 10 to hear it.

Was the audio too low? it sounded good on my PC, but I have nice powered rokit monitors. My mic is very sensitive so I did turn the mic input down to 85 because it was picking up a lot of background noise.

Edited by Shift838

• 4 weeks later...

Beta Testers,

Latest code is up for Linux, OSX and Windows on the share.

I have implemented quite a few changes on this one and moved quite a bit of code around.

Fixed various issues and added new features.

Also tested with the latest MAME v0.206b

All in the newly formatted DEV notes.

I'm looking forward to the new OoeyGUI!

I'm looking forward to the new OoeyGUI!

i'm doing some final testing before release. I'll be posting on a site soon to be downloaded. Any issues will be able to be reported there and of course I need to type up some docs.

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1