IGNORED

SILVER Medal Bracket Tournament - Season 4

S.BAZ

With the driving controller you can rotate in one direction without limit. So you just rotate the knob to turn, you don't have to 'center' your wheel (countersteer). Paddles can't rotate at will, you have a limit (400°?). Funny that paddles work much more like a car wheel than the driving controller.

Since you can't use the driving controller, I'm only playing with keyboard. I think it's unfair to compare a controller specific designed for Indy 500 with the generic keyboard - or even with the joystick.

Don't be silly Lid, use the driving controller! Appreciate the sentiment though. Win this thang if you can ?

Don't be silly Lid, use the driving controller! Appreciate the sentiment though. Win this thang if you can

Well, I won't make it easy.

post-32348-0-36210400-1445219321_thumb.png

I guess it's a strong score for keyboard and you deserve to pass if you beat me.

On the other hand, I tried the stelladaptor and it worked with Stella + driving controller (otherwise I would have to unpack my Atari).

And I tell you, that's REALLY unfair. I think 43, 44 is close to the maximum one could achieve with keyboard... and even then it would be a losing score. :-o

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision
  • Like 1

Barring a miracle, I'm out of time this week. I concede ... Barring a miracle. You say the stelladapter recognizes paddles and such? My adapter doesn't see anything except a one-button joystick.

I just tried my paddles and it worked poorly. It did rocognized paddles though.

Usually I only plug a one-button joystick too.

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision

I forgot when I posted the final round, it should be three games!

and plus one due to having three players.

so, an update: the games are...

Frankenstein's Monster

Frogger (game A)

Sky Skipper (game A)

Road Runner

Finalists play all four games

Most top scores wins

Draw can be broken by totalling all four scores

Nice!

I've yet to get to the 4th stage. I got my score by perfect comboing the first two stages with the seeds and killing Wil E.

I guess the best strategy is to not let any seed behind. It's difficult to recover the 1000 points per seed and get a good score.

To pass the 3rd stage I had to dance with the coyote. :-D

post-32348-0-74046500-1446220162_thumb.png

• Like 1