IGNORED

Atari 7800 Game Controls List

Trebor

As a result of a recent post here, I finally went ahead and flushed out a controller guide that I had laid dormant for a while. It is pasted below along with a zipped spreadsheet attachment for any who are interested:

post-18-0-95243300-1444603277_thumb.png

Atari 7800 Game Controls List_Rev02.zip

Side note...The button function columns serve as a general overview guide. For a few games, the features and purposes are not exhaustively listed due to the size constraints and practicality of keeping the data as an easy reference in a lookup cell within the same row-page.

Please feel free to add updates, corrections, etc., to this thread.

Edited by Trebor
  • Like 5

FYI, Asteroids can be played with a 2600 joystick. If a 2600 joystick is detected it remaps Hyperspace to down.

Also, Sentinel is missing it's setting in the list. Lightgun required.

Mitch

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminder and the catch, Mitch. It is appreciated.

Files have been updated and uploaded to the OP.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Thanks for the list! I just got a 2600+ and want to make do with the one button 2600 controller. I was hoping one-on-one basketball would still mostly work with one button? The second button is for timeouts. Anyone know? I, at the very least, would get one 2 button controller when it comes out.

On 10/4/2015 at 3:47 PM, Trebor said:

As a result of a recent post here, I finally went ahead and flushed out a controller guide that I had laid dormant for a while. It is pasted below along with a zipped spreadsheet attachment for any who are interested:

post-18-0-95243300-1444603277_thumb.png

Atari 7800 Game Controls List_Rev02.zip 13.42 kB · 256 downloads

Side note...The button function columns serve as a general overview guide. For a few games, the features and purposes are not exhaustively listed due to the size constraints and practicality of keeping the data as an easy reference in a lookup cell within the same row-page.

Please feel free to add updates, corrections, etc., to this thread.

Does anyone know if Knight Guy in lo res world works with one button controllers?

5 hours ago, swiller said:

Does anyone know if Knight Guy in lo res world works with one button controllers?

AFAIK, yes.  The developer, at the very least when designing the game, only utilized a one button controller, and purposely designed the game play in support of that configuration.