IGNORED

Remake of 5 in 1 OSS Super Cartridge - Interest thread

santosp

I have one, and it looks as if there is room for a socket, which would be very nice. A socketed flash chip would be even better.

Unfortunately DIL type socket simple either gold plated with the eprom on-board, does not allow the enclosure to close. The clearance between PCB and upper lid is lower from those.

I am trying to get some details on the bank switching for this thing. Does it use the original 4K steady + 4K switching. I know OSS ROM images don't work too well with AtariMax, SIC!, Megacarts, XEGS, Williams because all those do 8K or 16K at a time and OSS did 4K, half the cartridge area mapped at $A000 to $BFFF.

Video61 may be interested in putting some OSS stuff on these and reselling the cartridges full of stuff from his store.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been out of the a8 arena for a while. What does this card do?

My gut guess is that if I don't know that I need it then I probably don't. However, I would like to hear about what it does or fixes.

I guess that I've become a 50 year old newbee. 25 years ago I was on the cutting edge with 2 Happy drives and a Duplicator. :?

A couple of other questions.

what is with little row of joysticks on the left above "subscriber" suppose to indicate?

If you want this site to be around please subscribe or donate to it. This thing takes cash to keep it alive.

I was extremely happy to find such an interesting Atari site on the web.

• 1 month later...

I have the new cart, and it works great and looks excellent, but I have one issue -- the brilliant blue LED that indicates the selection is much too bright for me.

So I wonder if anyone has any ideas for something to cover that open (LED) rectangle that will cut down on the light transmission? Several layers of an opaque tape like 3M "Magic" tape will do it, but that makes it pretty thick and unsightly..

Any ideas?

-Larry

Please take into account, that JAC! not only did the ACTION! 3.7 version, he did show us the differences for the MAC/65 carts, too! -> Version 1.02, not 1.01(!) is the actual version!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235207-mac65-the-final-chapter/

Further, The Writer's Tool only works with an inserted disk:

https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=The%20WriterS%20Tool

• Like 1

I have the new cart, and it works great and looks excellent, but I have one issue -- the brilliant blue LED that indicates the selection is much too bright for me.

So I wonder if anyone has any ideas for something to cover that open (LED) rectangle that will cut down on the light transmission? Several layers of an opaque tape like 3M "Magic" tape will do it, but that makes it pretty thick and unsightly..

Any ideas?

-Larry

So here is a good solution to my problem -- window tinting film. I had some household window tint film in the garage that was left over from many years ago. The stuff doesn't deteriorate! It is also available in many degrees of darkening. One layer did the job for me, and of course it was "free."

If you find the new LED too bright, PM me and I'll send you a small piece of film for a SASE (U.S. only please -- I have no idea how you could send a SASE from a foreign country since it would need U.S. postage.)

-Larry

• Like 1