IGNORED

TANK MISSION for Colecovision & ADAM

digress

I know you are right but I have not tried it yet , bank switching that is. I'll look into it. I could add lots of graphics and music etc if there was room.

Have you investigated the options for breaking the 32k barrier?

This looks like another fine purchase, more than enough changes from the original to be classified as a new game. Have you looked into some of the controller options mentioned above?

i 'll make a box . i just might do the printing myself due to it being a small run. I have a pro large format printer. then i can print 1 at a time .

DIgress, I have always looked forward to your great box arts - please give this one a cart and a boxed release also.

• Like 1

What a cool looking game. Its kind of amazing, you are becoming one of the proto-type developers that is setting the standard on.. "If you build a game with your community, it will be much more than you originally expected." Thank you again for your hard and much appreciated work.

Edited by imstarryeyed
  • Like 1

There is no doubt. If anyone has a really good idea it's always worth listening to. Sometimes there there is room to improve the project that I never thought of. Wait til you see the box I came up with today.I got some motivation and It'll be unique. I'll try to post a picture in a few days when it's functional.

Trying the megacart setup. So good so far and have a working compile. I think I can make it work.

What a cool looking game. Its kind of amazing, you are becoming one of the proto-type developers that is setting the standard on.. "If you build a game with your community, it will be much more than you originally expected." Thank you again for your hard and much appreciated work.

I have broken the 32kb barrier. I have a working megacart now. I can finish and even add some music & Graphics I meant to put in all along.

Have you investigated the options for breaking the 32k barrier?

This looks like another fine purchase, more than enough changes from the original to be classified as a new game. Have you looked into some of the controller options mentioned above?

• Like 1

Absolutely. I could not fit the code in there before . Now I can.

would be better if I wasn't retrofitting the program to work though . Caused many problems due to having to split the code over 2 16kb banks but it seems to be mostly working now. Just some collision detection still messed up.

...and alternate controls? ;-)

Congratulations on pushing past 32k!

So gone beyond the 32kb barrier thanks to Tursi

So I have the room now to finish the game properly. So far I have some improvements over previous version.

Added new Title Screen & Music

Adding sound fx

Added new in game music(start of game & second song at (4:30)

Added Swimming character (3:45)

Men shoot in the maze now

Added new end music(9:00)

Not done yet... Most of the time was spent converting it to work on the new format so I have to add the steering wheel control next and alternate split controls. and some more graphics, music & enemy types.

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
Decided the previous castle maze levels were underwhelming so I designed a complete new section that is much more fun. To be clear the tank levels are still there. This is only after you ram into the castle and go inside

- I have also added steering wheel support & the second controller can control the man / turret if you want to play coop.

to do

- make the enemy soldier/soldiers walk around. add 1-2 more enemy types in this "castle" part.

- add the goal inside to be found in this case the spy in a jail cell

- may add more similar scenes for each major goal

- bunkers

- grenade for busting the bunker.

Here is a clearer video of how you get to this screen and I'm still playing with the music:

and the earlier video is still here

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

February Update video. Not sure why but the uploaded video gets fuzzy at times. Have to upload a higher res version next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZFuvl649TI

-more castle rooms
-second enemy soldier
-spikes
-moving platforms
-can now rescue the spy
-new waves animation, improved music throughout game
  • Like 5

Thanks. It's coming along. Though frustrating at times when a glitch appears that wasn't there previously.

I might get some nephews to test it this weekend for a few minutes. They should enjoy the steering wheel part at least. Sort of like old school GTA with a tank.

That's really looking great!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well since I had the room I'm adding the dogfighting back in but with scrolling bg and will be able to fly through new scenes and bomb bridges and navigate caves and shoot ground ground targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsPeZFN1TbU

Adding back in a air battle dogfight portion from the original game that I am adding to.
Will be able to scroll into a whole new area with other enemies to attack you.
-This will be linked to the spy plane pickup goal and you'll have to fly the plane (without dying too many times) back to your front line
-there will be anti aircraft guns shooting at you as well missles.
- will be scrolling changing terrain.
- will add bombs.
- goal will be to destroy several bridges perhaps.
  • Like 7