IGNORED

TANK MISSION for Colecovision & ADAM

digress

Unless I make a Megacart revised version of Mr Turtle I doubt if I'll be printing any additional box designs. Also there was no surfing scene in the game so it really made no sense. But again with more megacart room that could be changed. No plans to do so at this time though.

I'm more inclined to make a barbarian sword fighting game if I make another game.

Ahh, nice - now I want one of these alternate Mr. Turtles too :)

• 5 weeks later...
-Also added enemy light tanks and sped up your tank considerably.

Expanded the fighter plane section. (2:00)
-You don't have enough fuel to make it through without grabbing more fuel.
-You need bombs to destory bridges & get the fuel under neath.
- If you run out of fuel you can glide for a bit but no longer climb. then you crash unless you can hit fuel or the home runway

-have to fix the scrolling when you change direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL88BSqwTcI

• Like 7

I wondered if anyone would notice. It's the home base and I live in Canada so it made sense. A little hat tip to all the Canadian pilots in ww2.

I'm currently upgrading the graphics for all sections and I have already added the tower guns that fire and are now working. So there is actually a reason to bomb the towers.

Wow that game is looking great! I have to say however that maybe calling this Tank Mission might be limiting in scope, as the game you created is so much bigger now and deeper than ever.

I would think maybe a good name would be something like.. "Tank Commando Adventure" or something like that would be something more along the line of what your game does now?

Of course whatever you decide to do, change or leave it, I am all in for one as it looks like an amazing game that is super fun.

Thank you again for all of your hard work, I am sure many of us here are very appreciative of what you are doing and have done for the Colecovision home-brew community!

• Like 1

My working file is actually named, "Submission". So I agree I don't think tank mission will be the final name. I'm open to suggestions. Personally, I'd love to call it "Sgt Rock" or "Sgt. FURY" as I read those comics when growing up. I also was a big fan of "The Haunted Tank" which would be appropriate but obviously they have IP issues.

here is a couple of updated clips where I have been improving the graphics and colours and game play.

first part is the planes again but with new colours

Upgraded the colours , graphics & gameplay
- added missle and more obstacles.
- Made going under the bridges an option but you have still shoot through the towers but you can fly through purple areas.
- towers now shoot
-cip #2 of me in the the commando role storming the castle to save the prisioner ...
... and me getting totally trashed by 2 dogs.
-added health
-New colours
-some more screens but I got killed and it was late whe i made the video.

Wow that game is looking great! I have to say however that maybe calling this Tank Mission might be limiting in scope, as the game you created is so much bigger now and deeper than ever.

I would think maybe a good name would be something like.. "Tank Commando Adventure" or something like that would be something more along the line of what your game does now?

Of course whatever you decide to do, change or leave it, I am all in for one as it looks like an amazing game that is super fun.

Thank you again for all of your hard work, I am sure many of us here are very appreciative of what you are doing and have done for the Colecovision home-brew community!

Refers to the train which used to run coast to coast in Newfoundland...aparently it went so slow that you could catch it on foot and climb aboard. So they called it the Newfie Bullet

Sounds like the name of a local newspaper, like the Metropolis Daily Planet. :P

• Like 1

I am from newfoundland so maybe "The Newfie Bullet"

Might too local a joke.

Sgt Slaughter would be awsome. I'm pretty sure Sgt is only for a ground platoon leader though.

Sgt Newfie, the first Canadian to drive his tank from St. John's to France...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a prototype for a limited edition box I'm making. I'm not sure how many i'll make of these but not many for sure.. likely 1 for me only!!! But then again maybe i'll make 5-10. I'll probably make the finish gloss when done but it'll look pretty much like this other wise. I'll make a regular box as well as this one is time consuming.

TANK MISSION Limited edition Box 005

TANK MISSION Limited edition Box 006

TANK MISSION Limited edition Box 004

TANK MISSION Limited edition Box 003

TANK MISSION Limited edition Box 002

TANK MISSION Limited edition Box

• Like 10

Here is a prototype for a limited edition box I'm making. I'm not sure how many i'll make of these but not many for sure.. likely 1 for me only!!! But then again maybe i'll make 5-10. I'll probably make the finish gloss when done but it'll look pretty much like this other wise. I'll make a regular box as well as this one is time consuming.

Sweet - I like.

But I'd need a special box to keep that tank in mint condition!

If that 'box' came out in 83 then 99.999% wouldn't exist today (and folks would be wondering why it had 'Donkey Kong' on the inside! :P (Gads! you didn't destroy a Donkey Kong box to make this did you!!!!) :D

Of course that would make it very rare. It's pretty tough though as is. I may add a outer box specifically for storing the tank. I might even put in bg environment graphics and a clear window so it would display nice and keep it safe during shipping.

I'm having fun with it. ... and it's correct scale if you have a handful of those small plastic army men laying aorund. just sayin.

Sweet - I like.

But I'd need a special box to keep that tank in mint condition!

If that 'box' came out in 83 then 99.999% wouldn't exist today (and folks would be wondering why it had 'Donkey Kong' on the inside! :P (Gads! you didn't destroy a Donkey Kong box to make this did you!!!!) :D

Of course that would make it very rare. It's pretty tough though as is. I may add a outer box specifically for storing the tank. I might even put in bg environment graphics and a clear window so it would display nice and keep it safe during shipping.

I'm having fun with it. ... and it's correct scale if you have a handful of those small plastic army men laying aorund. just sayin.

I've made a few different but similar "object" boxes. The first one is fun, but the thought of cutting a bunch more...quickly stops being fun. I've been meaning to experiment with my mother's Cricut machine so it can do the cutting

Hey, If you do decide to make 5-10 boxes it would be cool IF you could put 5 or so little army men inside as a bonus...! (Do they make those any more?)