IGNORED

IMAGIC Store Kiosk: Craigslist Find

mightymouse2275

Hey all!

Well..I have to say that I am pumped!

I was surfing Craigslist the other night and came across a post with an "Atari Kiosk" for sale.

I checked it out and talked with the guy. It appears to be an IMAGIC store kiosk that he got out of an old K-Mart. It had been sitting for 26 years in his storage locker and he decided to sell some stuff.

Suffice to say we struck a deal and it is now home with me along with some games.

It needs a good cleaning but it appears to be complete. All stickers are intact and clear. Looking at the S/N it looks to be #2,603?

Are there any others here in the forum that own one and what are your thoughts?

post-22607-0-16703800-1444263603_thumb.jpg

post-22607-0-79344300-1444263672_thumb.jpg

post-22607-0-28976100-1444263690_thumb.jpg

post-22607-0-39959800-1444263718_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Nice! Pretty dirty, but looks like the clear plastic cover is in pretty good shape. Nice that you have the lock and key, too. Mine's missing its lock.

I picked one up on vacation over 10 years ago (hard to believe it's been that long). The wood had been hacked and still needs repair. It's an interesting piece of history to have, but I don't think I've plugged it in since shortly after I got it.

• Like 1

I think those Imagic kiosks were in shops here in the UK. A shop in Hastings called Debenhams use to sell Atari stuff and they had a kiosk just like that. Whether it was Imagic or not I don't know, but that looks pretty darn close to what I am remembering. I'd love to get hold of one as its one of my favourite memories from buying games back in the day.

Cool find but I didn't think Imagic had released enough games to fill that thing up.

I remember these kiosks at my local K-Mart and TG&Y in the early 80's. They always had a combination of different manufacturers games. I also remember they also had a timer that would only let you play the game for just a few minutes, then the console would reset.

Edited by WildBillTX