IGNORED

Rock Band 4 - Anyone else disappointed?

Smitty

Was a big fan of Rock Band....First off, I pre-ordered Rock Band 4 with the guitar (PS4).

Here's what I do not like:

1. No versus / face-off

2. No online (multiplayer)

3. No keyboard support

4. Graphics are the same as before

5. Load times are the same

6. Weak new features, they actually removed a bunch of stuff... Why?

7. Limited character customization

8. Very weak set list (a bunch of pop songs, isn't this ROCK-band?), the pre-order 30 free songs from GameStop also suck.

What I like:

1. You can use your old equipment (depending on what system you are using and type of instrument). I was able to use my ION Drum Rocker in Pro-Mode (I heard that this does not work on the XB1). I did not have time to test my Midi Pro-Adapter with my Alysis DM5.

2. Tons of songs...$1.99 each

My overall score: 6 out of 10, seems like a huge step backwards IMHO (no online play....really?)

I guess I will try GH Live when it comes out.

Anyone else buy this game, do you agree with my assessment?

Edited by Smitty

I agree for the most part except for one thing, single player Story (Tour) mode is a lot better. It's hilarious and just a throwback to the older Guitar Hero games where you and your band go out and try to raise money and have these funny CYOA moments along the way (Our equipment was stolen, lets borrow some!). So if your a single player gamer this is great stuff.

Personally: The no online multiplayer doesn't bother me at all cause we never played online but removing that is a huge mistake for fans that did it. I wonder if they had a poll on that. Don't care about keyboards or graphics either, in fact I like the cartoony graphics again almost like a throwback to the older games.

My problems:

- Downloading your old songs is brutal. The store is awful, I kept getting disconnected.

- Not all your songs from previous versions are there. Inital track list is small and not that great.

- Calibrating the instruments was bad. I had to try multiple times on most of the test screens. "Please hold your guitar close to the TV...."

- Character customization is not as deep and no Road challenges and Battle of the Bands.

It's still Rockband without all the fluff (that some of us didn't care for) but I can see people being pissed if they loved keyboards or online multiplayer etc.

I'm good with it.