IGNORED

Xevious on Jaguar

Rick Dangerous

• 9 months later...

Holy crap, is it October already? :P It's close to being finished; it's in the last 5% or so phase of polishing. It's also in the hands of beta testers right now, and some have come up with issues, that while not game breaking, take off a little bit of the shine. :)

It was shown at PRGE again this year, but I haven't heard any feedback on how it was received.

• Like 4

It was shown at PRGE again this year, but I haven't heard any feedback on how it was received.

I saw many people playing it over the course of Saturday and Sunday, but didn't receive any feedback. However, several people did tell me they wanted to buy it, not realizing it's still a "Work in Progress".

..Al

• Like 3

For the most part plays pretty smoothly, maybe it's me but I had a hard time with the bullets actually hitting there target like the hit box or bullet travel seemed off. Bombs seemed a little off put still seemed to hit there intended target, otherwise is was still fun. With some tweaks to collision detection I would say it would be a pretty solid port and would pick it up one my Jaguar is working again.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/18/2019 at 7:14 PM, Sapicco said:

Well that’s good news. But I am also 5 new releases behind. Need to catchup before this releases. 

I dunno. I loved Xevious in the arcade and I had both the 7800 version and the ST version. I hated the ST version with a bitter passion.

It wasn't a Blitter passion because my 1040STf didn't have one...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2019 at 9:09 AM, oracle_jedi said:

Well its PRGE again today. Excited for my annual opportunity to play Xevious on the Jag!

Didn't have Xevious running at the show this year.  Booth was slightly smaller, so only had three Jaguars setup, as opposed to I think five last year.  Hoping Shamus has some time to work on this in 2020, as I'd love to see it released in cartridge form!  :)

..Al

15 hours ago, Albert said:

Didn't have Xevious running at the show this year.  Booth was slightly smaller, so only had three Jaguars setup, as opposed to I think five last year.  Hoping Shamus has some time to work on this in 2020, as I'd love to see it released in cartridge form!  :)

..Al

Looks like Rebooted was not playable either, despite being announced that it was - huge disappointment.

Just now, agradeneu said:

Looks like Rebooted was not playable either, despite being announced that it was - huge disappointment.

I had new and upcoming games running on the three Jaguars in the booth.  I would have gladly allowed you to play Rebooteroids or any other titles we didn't have out on the demo systems.

..Al

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

I had new and upcoming games running on the three Jaguars in the booth.  I would have gladly allowed you to play Rebooteroids or any other titles we didn't have out on the demo systems.

..Al

Im talking bout Rebooted multicart not Rebooteroids ;-) And no I was not in Portland - too far away.

9 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

Im talking bout Rebooted multicart not Rebooteroids ;-) And no I was not in Portland - too far away.

Ahh, the intent was to have it out on the floor and I had a demo cart and placard for it.  Looks like it didn't hit the demo machines in the craziness of trying to get everything setup in time for the show, and then Saturday was just nuts so I didn't even notice.

..Al