IGNORED

ColecoVision with HDMI MOD installed pics

juice2839

There is no flicker. It's perfect. I can take video of it. The problem is the equipment I have to take video will probably make it look bad. LOL

Wait, so the HDMI mod gets rid of sprite flicker? I thought that was inherent in the original graphics processor of the CV having to do with how many sprites are on a scan line and not the output of the system? Does this HDMI mod alter the graphics processor also? Yeah, I'd really like to see a video of Pac-Man Collection or Bagman. Those two would certainly help me make my decision.

Wait, so the HDMI mod gets rid of sprite flicker? I thought that was inherent in the original graphics processor of the CV having to do with how many sprites are on a scan line and not the output of the system? Does this HDMI mod alter the graphics processor also? Yeah, I'd really like to see a video of Pac-Man Collection or Bagman. Those two would certainly help me make my decision.

Flicker has to do with persistence of vision. The original CV hardware is intact, but due to the nature of LCD TV's refresh your eyes are fooled into not seeing any flicker (at least mine are).

Edited by juice2839

Flicker has to do with persistence of vision. The original CV hardware is intact, but due to the nature of LCD TV's refresh your eyes are fooled into not seeing any flicker (at least mine are).

But the flicker is technically still there? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to wrap my head around what this mod does and how it looks. And forgive me for not being as much of a tech-savvy person as I'm sure other people here are, so maybe they can answer this question better, but what I'm trying to understand with your HDMI mod, if I put in a cart like Bagman or Pac-Man Collection, which both have sprite flicker to the point where some sprites will disappear on screen (Burgertime does this too if all the characters are in a row), will all the sprites be on screen without any flicker or is the flicker still there?

I'm just trying to understand how this mod removes the sprite flicker without altering the hardware, which is by my understanding, what causes the sprite flicker (the hardware). But I may be totally wrong on this.

So I guess my question really is:

Does this mod remove the sprite flicker or does it just enhance the quality of the picture with the sprite flicker still there?

Here is a video I did comparing an AV mod vs the F18A mod. You can clearly see the sprite flicker in the AV footage where the F18A totally gets rid of it. The F18A replaces the graphics processor on the ColecoVision to remove the sprite flicker. How does your mod remove the sprite flicker without altering the graphics processor? Does your mod look like the F18A clips in this video without the sprite flicker? Or does it look like a better version of the AV clips?

But the flicker is technically still there? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to wrap my head around what this mod does and how it looks. And forgive me for not being as much of a tech-savvy person as I'm sure other people here are, so maybe they can answer this question better, but what I'm trying to understand with your HDMI mod, if I put in a cart like Bagman or Pac-Man Collection, which both have sprite flicker to the point where some sprites will disappear on screen (Burgertime does this too if all the characters are in a row), will all the sprites be on screen without any flicker or is the flicker still there?

I'm just trying to understand how this mod removes the sprite flicker without altering the hardware, which is by my understanding, what causes the sprite flicker (the hardware). But I may be totally wrong on this.

So I guess my question really is:

Does this mod remove the sprite flicker or does it just enhance the quality of the picture with the sprite flicker still there?

It just enhance the quality of the picture with the sprite flicker still there. That's the non tech answer.

Edited by juice2839

There is no flicker. It's perfect. I can take video of it. The problem is the equipment I have to take video will probably make it look bad. LOL

It be good to see video of it to compare to the F18A mod.

So are we to understand that he's doing this without your consent?

Absolutely. He is basically breaking our contract. And I asked him not to offer this privately as soon as I heard of it and he wouldn't respect my request.