IGNORED

Carrot Kingdom™ - Work in Progress 32K! - New Demo 10-16-2017

Jinroh

I do recall a possibly sexy blonde rabbit named Chocolat from a few pages back. Looks like she made it into the game.

Hehe, actually she was blonde the whole time. ^^

My friend did his interpretation based on the Sprite. She'll be a tough fight, guaranteed. ;) Her battle is Mega Man inspired.

a1d1e76ab5a301ed380dcd482e51ac87.jpg

I do recall a possibly sexy blonde rabbit named Chocolat from a few pages back. Looks like she made it into the game.

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thanks Swami! :)

Progress has been a bit slow.

I'm going to Two Schools and Working so I need to clone myself, so I can get everything finished.

I'm hoping though to get the next demo out before the end of the summer, with at least the next battle with Chocolat playable. :) Also been working on some WIP for the box or manual art. I'm trying to get a nice striking heroic pose.

post-23974-0-50837100-1529964736.png

Edited by Jinroh

Hi Jinroh, just giving you a heads up that we'll be playing your game Carrot Kingdom today on our Twitch livestream of ZeroPage Homebrew! The LIVE show starts at 2PM PT/5PM ET and will be archived on YouTube usually the day after. Hope to see you there!

Streaming 60fps on a RGB Modded Light-Sixer 2600 through Framemeister

Twitch LiveStreams: http://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

• Like 1

Oh wow really? That is awesome!

I may be at work during this time, not sure yet, but I definitely will see if I can catch it in time. Depends on how many people are working Overtime.

But really cool! I am flattered!

I tweeted it too! You guys are so awesome! :)

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No problem, we love taking a look at WIP games! Thanks so much for making it.

I think the more feedback that developers get, the better the games will be and then everybody wins! :-)

Here is the stream from Zero Page Homebrew. :) I really appreciated seeing you guys play it. Gave me some good ideas as well, super valuable!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely! It has really helped, I have a nice list of tweaks and polishes before the next demo. :)

The next boss battle is nearly finished I might even finish up tonight. Then after putting in some of the tweaks I'll put out the next demo. :) I am really anxious to see what you guys think of this next boss battle, and the few more levels in between. :)

No problem, we love taking a look at WIP games! Thanks so much for making it.

I think the more feedback that developers get, the better the games will be and then everybody wins! :-)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely! It has really helped, I have a nice list of tweaks and polishes before the next demo. :)

The next boss battle is nearly finished I might even finish up tonight. Then after putting in some of the tweaks I'll put out the next demo. :) I am really anxious to see what you guys think of this next boss battle, and the few more levels in between. :)

Exciting news! Thanks for your persistence. Definitely AA store material and on my cart purchase list!

Exciting news! Thanks for your persistence. Definitely AA store material and on my cart purchase list!

Thank you so much! I am really working hard to get all the new stuff finished. ^^

I am right now restructuring as in my 32K I can get rid of a lot of redundant code. Its exciting as I should be able to add music and all the other polish ^^ quite easy.

Here is a sneak peek of Chocolat I work hard on making her very well animated and it was fun to code her big state machine ^^

post-23974-0-92176200-1533488632.gif

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

So detailed, I really love it! Keep up with the work! :)

Thank you so much! I am really working hard to get all the new stuff finished. ^^

I am right now restructuring as in my 32K I can get rid of a lot of redundant code. Its exciting as I should be able to add music and all the other polish ^^ quite easy.

Here is a sneak peek of Chocolat I work hard on making her very well animated and it was fun to code her big state machine ^^

attachicon.gif57F64FA4-CF4D-4276-8079-5084F91607A7.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Not a pest at all, I feel bad during the fall semester I could not work on it at all.

However I have been working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights since then getting the new demo ready.

I removed the Sega icon from the title screen since that is auto-detectable. The next demo will be worth the wait though, and then it will just be a hop, skip, and a jump to the final. :3

• Like 4

Awww thanks. :3

Super cute new avatar Jin. I am glad you got a new Harmony cart yay! :3 I think you'll really like the new things that I am adding to the next demo.

I did not help myself by starting the reorganizing and improvement of the code when I switched to 32K, I am still hooking everything all up and making the code much better. Time consuming but I am grinding it out.

The most recent is add the Bread Cat battle to the 32K ROM. :3 (Unfortunately did not have enough cycle time to draw everything and have an unflickering Jinny. Oh well. :/ )

Sweet! I've finally got a Harmony cart again so I'll be really looking forward to checking out the new demo when it's up! Jinny is best 8-bit kitty :D

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 2

Awww thanks. :3

Super cute new avatar Jin. I am glad you got a new Harmony cart yay! :3 I think you'll really like the new things that I am adding to the next demo.

D'aww, thanks! It's my very first 'sona commission, that I got from my favoritest artist Reva the Scarf back in August. It's cropped for avatar use but you can find the full version here, and don't worry, it's SFW. :lol: Your new avatar is wonderful too, the eyes in particular are really beautiful!

While I wait for the new demo I'll have to check out the latest build tomorrow when I'm not so sleepy. Carrot Kingdom is definitely my #1 most looked forward to upcoming Atari game!

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

So cute. :3 Very nice FA account as well. I know right? The artist who did this draws eyes so enchantingly. ^o^

I am glad you are liking the game so much too! :3 Kind words like that help keep me on track. I wasted some time trying to get everything crammed into the Bread Cat battle so Jinny would not flicker, but just could not fit it all in. It does move me on to the next task which is to get the side scrolling engine hooked back up in the 32K ROM. I had to do some re-organizing there, but should not take too long.

D'aww, thanks! It's my very first 'sona commission, that I got from my favoritest artist Reva the Scarf back in August. It's cropped for avatar use but you can find the full version here, and don't worry, it's SFW. :lol: Your new avatar is wonderful too, the eyes in particular are really beautiful!

While I wait for the new demo I'll have to check out the latest build tomorrow when I'm not so sleepy. Carrot Kingdom is definitely my #1 most looked forward to upcoming Atari game!

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 1

Thanks guys! I am so glad you are liking it! :)

More work this week, the title screen, I re-did, as I am re-writing the structure of the code in the game. Also adding Genesis controller support, and hopefully enough room for NTSC/PAL region select within the game. :)

Wow! Just noticed. We're gonna have 2-button Sega Genesis controller capability now. Very cool!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Amazing work!

How are you able to do more than just the scrolling?

I'm just learning and I can get an asymmetrical playfield scrolling but then I'm all out of cycles.

I notice that your playfield is render every other line... is that a 2 line kernel?

Any clues greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

This looks really impressive. This is the first time i've bene on the Aa site for a while and once again i'm blown away by tyhe new slew of awesome indie game sin development. keep up the great work. If you go the cart route please do a pal 60 version, Europe needs some love too.

• Like 1