IGNORED

Atari 5200 kiosk for sale by my house...

Crazy Climber

Hmmm I grew up in Roseville 1971-1991, maybe I know the owner. Course the city's changed a lot since I moved.

Checking the pics, looks like the game instructions are on a waist-level roller & you rotate it to read them? kinda cool. Never saw one at any store. Saw the 2600 one all the time.

Edited by RJ

Hmmm I grew up in Roseville 1971-1991, maybe I know the owner. Course the city's changed a lot since I moved.

Checking the pics, looks like the game instructions are on a waist-level roller & you rotate it to read them? kinda cool. Never saw one at any store. Saw the 2600 one all the time.

Yeah, I never saw a 5200 display anywhere around here either, I know Sears had a 2600 display :)

I did reach out to the guy, but not sure what a fair offer on this would be considering the condition. It is missing the monitor which does certainly hurt the value. I looked up a couple that sold on eBay and the prices were much lower than I would have expected. Any thoughts on what something like this should go for? What about in very good condition?

Sears, JC Penney in Rosedale, KMart way out on Snelling on the way to Univeristy, are those I recall.

I'd have no idea whatsoever what one should go for. I know Ryan Wx posted this last week in our FB group. If it's really still for sale Id probably start lowballing the seller.

brockj are you in MN? Please consider joining our Facebook group, Minnesota Retro Gamers! (We're not the Society one)

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

I kind of agree, he did say if they didn't get what they were looking for he would keep it and fix it up. Not sure what number he had in mind, but if someone was in front of him with cash things could change quickly. I might reach back out to him today and see if he is available to take a look at it.

Ahh yes LaBelles! I didnt list it, as the last memory I have of it was they had a 2600 dispayed, & a handful of carts with CHAINS & BRACKETS on them, rather than buttons to select the "built-in" games.

A friend & I were playing Pitfall on it once, & I was considering submitting my little story to Ferg's 100th Pitfall show, but it wouldve made me out to be a bigger a-hole than I already am.

I did reach out to the guy, but not sure what a fair offer on this would be considering the condition. It is missing the monitor which does certainly hurt the value. I looked up a couple that sold on eBay and the prices were much lower than I would have expected. Any thoughts on what something like this should go for? What about in very good condition?

I wouldn't pay over $100, but that is a big part of why I didn't bother contacting him. Don't really want one and don't want to pay very much, lol

Sears, JC Penney in Rosedale, KMart way out on Snelling on the way to Univeristy, are those I recall.

I'd have no idea whatsoever what one should go for. I know Ryan Wx posted this last week in our FB group. If it's really still for sale Id probably start lowballing the seller.

brockj are you in MN? Please consider joining our Facebook group, Minnesota Retro Gamers! (We're not the Society one)

Ah, Kmart snelling... Forgot about that one. They briefly had a few arcade games too!

If it's a Minnesota, you can't leave off the one at LaBelles :)

Oh man, Labelles, haven't heard that name in a LONG time!

I am in MN. I will have to check it out.

• Like 1

Ok, search "Minnesota Retro Gamers" on Facebook. There's another similar, larger group with hundreds of members, thats not us.

We're a bit more low-key but I recently was trying to start up a retro junk box, but it exploded in the gate due to lack of interest.

Edited by RJ

Still FS?

It'd probably fix the 5200's wonky controller issues but is that worth having to stand up to play? The thing's obviously designed for casual, short-time gaming.

I got some pretty awesome stools for my 2600 kiosk

but yeah , they wanted to to standup to play so you would buy a unit and sit @ home ;)

Anyone talk to the seller yet? Is he still hanging on to his orig. price? Is the 5200 unit itself in working order? Those sticks would be a b-tch to service if they ever broke...

Im gonna ask my wife just for fun. :)

I emailed with the seller last week. I was very interested but I think he is looking to get a few hundred for it, and missing the monitor kills it for me at that price. He said if they didn't get a good enough offer they were going to keep it and fix it up...

Did he say what games he had? One pic shows some but not all the cartridge labels. & I wonder if all those dots on the front glass are ON the glass, or air bubbles between the sheet & back of the glass panel itself.

My wife didnt immediately shut me down as usual/expected, but we had a civil conversation about it. She thinks its a bad idea, the fact theres no tv is a deal breaker for us too. Probably jut slap an LCD in there.

Edited by RJ