IGNORED

NEW Jaguar Cartridge available NOW! Including Ltd Edition

Gaztee

Whoa, my emails are blowin' up! Nobody wants to miss a new Jag cart release. I know those feels.

I've created a pre-order product here: http://console5.com/store/alices-moms-rescue-cartridge.html

Assuming no troubles in receiving the carts, orders should ship within 1 to 2 weeks.

Big thanks to Orion for programming the game, and Gaztee for coordinating this release!

• Like 1

Whoa, my emails are blowin' up! Nobody wants to miss a new Jag cart release. I know those feels.

I've created a pre-order product here: http://console5.com/store/alices-moms-rescue-cartridge.html

Assuming no troubles in receiving the carts, orders should ship within 1 to 2 weeks.

Big thanks to Orion for programming the game, and Gaztee for coordinating this release!

Yay, can't wait to get it!

Ordered!

• Like 1

Ordered!!

I wasn't completely certain about the shipping. I chose First Class Boxed. I don't mind if the mail is slow but I assume it will have a safe transit in a box.

Ordered!!

I wasn't completely certain about the shipping. I chose First Class Boxed. I don't mind if the mail is slow but I assume it will have a safe transit in a box.

Transit time MI to MA shouldn't be too bad First Class. Usually it's about 3-5 days, and every once in a while just to keep me on my toes maybe 7-10 days.

Unless it's going to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or APO/FPO, in which case days = rand() % 50

• Like 2

Just a quick note to those that have emailed me. Having a few technical difficulties, so I'm a little behind with stuff, but I will get the invoices out ASAP. Don't worry if I haven't responded, I will hopefully later tonight, if not tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

Ok counting on you Gaz, to send that invoice to me, as there is only 3 units of this left in console5's inventory, that he doesn't even have yet, he'll be sold out before he gets them on U.S. soil, lol, I haven't received an invoice yet, & rather than order two one from you and FABombjoy, I'll just wait for that invoice. Boy gotta jump on Jaguar -stuff goes fast! And with Orion moving on in life(this is his final Jaguar release) wanted to make sure I get one and not have to pay hundreds upon hundreds later.

Ok counting on you Gaz, to send that invoice to me, as there is only 3 units of this left in console5's inventory, that he doesn't even have yet, he'll be sold out before he gets them on U.S. soil, lol, I haven't received an invoice yet, & rather than order two one from you and FABombjoy, I'll just wait for that invoice. Boy gotta jump on Jaguar -stuff goes fast! And with Orion moving on in life(this is his final Jaguar release) wanted to make sure I get one and not have to pay hundreds upon hundreds later.

Wow, damn... (EDIT: about only 3 left in stock!)

EDIT: #2, I wish Orion wasn't moving on... it would be cool to see Yopaz IceStar on cart.

Edited by 82-T/A
  • Like 1

Another day where things didn't go to plan! (Never had to dig a car out of a driveway before!) I will invoice everyone who's emailed me tonight. Thanks again for your patience guys.

• Like 1

OUT OF STOCK!!!! Wow, that went fast. I wonder how many of them Console5 got!

As much as I hate to see games sell out quick, I am glad that there are that many people STILL interested in the Jaguar.

Makes me wonder if anyone who was on the Jaguar project at Atari is still hanging around and getting a kick out of this? I know that in my past career accomplishments, I'm always proud of the things I've done... but often, I'm so "over" whatever it was that I was doing, that I'm really not that interested anymore unless it comes up in conversation. So I wonder if that's the same for those guys.

From what I've read from old interviews post-Atari was that it wasn't just the video game media and general public that had axes to grind with Atari but even many Atari employees were disgruntled with business practices of the Tramiels, so it wouldn't surprise me if many just moved on and want to forget about their Atari days. The Tramiels were very good at burning bridges and empty promises.

Even in the Jaguar game by game podcast Shinto does, Shinto talked to the main guy who developed Trevor Mcfur, and that guy said he felt basically overjoyed to be in charge of his own original game, but in the end Atari made him change too much and then forced the game out before he could get most of the gameplay elements into it to make it a really good shooter. he felt it was basically an unfinished demo himself. He was disgruntled. The Tramiels really didn't care about quality which is why most of the stuff was rushed and looks/feels unfinished...even the console itself with it's hardware bugs, all due to the Tramiels rushing it all to market. They really didn't understand video games and thought the public would just buy up any crap they put out. One would think they would have learned from history and the video game crash of '94 and not repeat (the reason they had the opportunity to buy Atari in the first place), but NO, leave it to the Tramiels to screw it all up and repeat history in their own little microcosm of the industry! Why do you think Sam Tramiel was ousted from Commodore? If he was allowed to stay, he would have driven Commodore into the ground years earlier! It's actually AMAZING that Atari made it for a decade after they took over and managed to live a bit longer than Commodore! Atari always had great engineering behind their products and then screwed it all up with penny pinching and shortcuts in the end. Such a shame.

The only good thing was that if Sam Tramiel hadn't bought Atari, it all would have ended back in '84 and we would never have gotten the 7800, XE, ST, lynx and Jag, and despite the Tramiels I like them all.

Every where I stated Sam Tramiel, I meant Jack, I got them mixed up, though Sam is likely just as much to blame in the end.

Edited by Gunstar

Not only leadership, but engineers too! Atari Inc. paid the Amiga designers to develop the Amiga which was originally going to be a next gen. console for Atari (designed by the same engineers as the original Atari 400/800), and then Jack Tramiel told the Amiga people to take a hike when they came and offered the finished product to him, he had brought his engineers from Commodore with him who designed the ST line for him and revamped the 8-bit line into the XE's. Commodore, after losing their top engineers to Atari Corp., bought the Amiga and released it as their next-gen computer.

If things had stayed as they were, that is, if Atari inc. wasn't sold by Warner Communications, then the Tramiels would have ended up God knows where, but the Amiga would have been released as either a console or computer, or both, by Atari Inc. and Commodore would have kept their engineers and would have developed something very similar to the ST for Commodore. The reality is that the Amiga is the next generation of the Atari 800 and the ST line is the next generation of the C64! All topsy-turvy! Reality is sometimes more fantastic than fantasy. Which makes the fighting that went on between Commodore and Atari fans all the more ironic and moronic. If fans of these companies had known any better at the time, they would have all switched sides as well, wanting to stay with the engineers that created their beloved 8-bits! Instead they all proclaimed hatred for the other's next gen machines which should have been their own!

All of this came to pass due to the video game crash of '84.

I myself wasn't a fan of either company at the time all this happened (though I did own a 2600), I was into Apples, since that's what I used at school, but only became an Atari fanboy after buying a 130XE in '85 because I couldn't afford the Apple IIc (thank God). I never got into the 16-bit generation, but had an XE and 7800 until I got my Jaguar in '95. So technically I was a fan of the machines designed by or for the old Atari Inc. and the Jag being my first machine engineered through Atari Corp. (which technically was engineered by ex-Sinclair employees, which fits me anyway since my first ever computer was a Timex/Sinclair 1000 (ZX81)). So technically I was never a fan of anything designed by engineers originally from Commodore. Not knowing any of this craziness until years later.

I have since owned both Atari ST/Falcon and Amiga computers, but never got into them or became a big fan of either. I just got them out of curiosity as to what I might have missed, and was satisfied I didn't miss much and sold them all off. I still have an Atari 8-bit (1200XL) and my Jaguar and own nothing else from Atari or Commodore anymore. No, that's wrong, I do still have a 2600 in storage.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, I now return it to Gaztee:

Edited by Gunstar

OUT OF STOCK!!!! Wow, that went fast. I wonder how many of them Console5 got!

As much as I hate to see games sell out quick, I am glad that there are that many people STILL interested in the Jaguar.

Makes me wonder if anyone who was on the Jaguar project at Atari is still hanging around and getting a kick out of this? I know that in my past career accomplishments, I'm always proud of the things I've done... but often, I'm so "over" whatever it was that I was doing, that I'm really not that interested anymore unless it comes up in conversation. So I wonder if that's the same for those guys.

That's only console 5, there's still plenty left for folks who want a copy, just drop me an email & I'll do my best to get you a copy out in the post.

Well I have finally got around to invoicing everyone that contacted me. If you don't have an invoice please drop me a line and I will try to sort out any problems.

Now it would seem that I can't count, so I had actually promised someone a limited edition, when I was saving the first one to auction off for charity. So I think I'll sell the last one off for charity instead & everyone who I told they'd get a Ltd edition cart will get one.

My final problem is that the boxes I use to package haven't turned up yet. I should have an idea of when on Monday. I have seen a cheaper alternative, but the box isn't as thick as the ones I usually use, so I'm going to hold out for the usual ones. As soon as I have a clue when they going to turn up, I will post here. I'm hoping its quickly as I have a lot of packing and shipping to do!

Talking of shipping, I'm quoting the same shipping price that I used for JHL15, however it maybe that the packages are a bit lighter than the JHL one was. I found this out when I shipped Orion is own copy. So if there is an overcharge with postage cost, I will difference back to you.

Thanks again everyone for the enthusiastic response to this release. And I aim to get them to everyone as quickly and safely as possible. :)

• Like 3

That's only console 5, there's still plenty left for folks who want a copy, just drop me an email & I'll do my best to get you a copy out in the post.

Well I have finally got around to invoicing everyone that contacted me. If you don't have an invoice please drop me a line and I will try to sort out any problems.

Now it would seem that I can't count, so I had actually promised someone a limited edition, when I was saving the first one to auction off for charity. So I think I'll sell the last one off for charity instead & everyone who I told they'd get a Ltd edition cart will get one.

My final problem is that the boxes I use to package haven't turned up yet. I should have an idea of when on Monday. I have seen a cheaper alternative, but the box isn't as thick as the ones I usually use, so I'm going to hold out for the usual ones. As soon as I have a clue when they going to turn up, I will post here. I'm hoping its quickly as I have a lot of packing and shipping to do!

Talking of shipping, I'm quoting the same shipping price that I used for JHL15, however it maybe that the packages are a bit lighter than the JHL one was. I found this out when I shipped Orion is own copy. So if there is an overcharge with postage cost, I will difference back to you.

Thanks again everyone for the enthusiastic response to this release. And I aim to get them to everyone as quickly and safely as possible. :)

Kind of random, I know... but I was playing JHL15 this afternoon, and was surprised at how heavy it is. I don't know if it's just me, but it's almost twice as heavy as any of my other carts!!! Haha...

• Like 1

Kind of random, I know... but I was playing JHL15 this afternoon, and was surprised at how heavy it is. I don't know if it's just me, but it's almost twice as heavy as any of my other carts!!! Haha...

Hmm...hadn't noticed...will have to check that out.

Wow! You are right! It is heavier!

Edited by Gunstar

Thanks Gaz, I have now received my Paypal invoice and paid for the cart. :)

I should have checked Paypal for an invoice earlier straightaway when you posted here that you sent them all out to everyone, because I didn't receive a email from Paypal(which I was looking for) about the invoice waiting for me, it will probably show up later, anyways all is done!

:)

• Like 1

in standard jaguar carts the write once PROM's are made of cheap plastic (light weight)

JHL's are made with 27c160 EPROMS which are made from ceramic i believe which is heavy

It has been brought to my attention that some people might not have gotten their invoices yet? I sent payment details to whichever email address I was contacted at. If anyone here has sent me an email, but not had an invoice could you please PM me here, or contact me via email with the correct email address for PayPal payment.

Cheers

Gaz

Update time. Just visited the shop I ordered the packing boxes from. I should have them by next Tuesday at the latest. So I will have all ordered posted out by Wednesday next week. The shop is usual better than this, so I can only apologise for the delay. Thanks for the orders and your patience.

Cheers

Gaz

• Like 1

in standard jaguar carts the write once PROM's are made of cheap plastic (light weight)

JHL's are made with 27c160 EPROMS which are made from ceramic i believe which is heavy

Heavy-like-a-water-heater.png

I got a copy of the game today, the packaging quality is really great, I wish I had made Elansar that way, because it fits better in the original Jaguar box set :)

Thanks to Gaztee & omf, now Alice have a proper box release, which is nice :)

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 4