IGNORED

Cases for Lynx carts?

Mock

I heard you can use old Game Boy game cases (not the ones for Game Boy Advance games, as they are too small) for Lynx games. You can fit two per case, from what I've heard. Never done it, though. I just keep what I can in the pouch and keep the rest in a baggie.

I found some of the old style cases on ebay...going to wait and see how they work before I order more...had to pay too much for them though I think...

For long term storage and protection I think I like the plastic cases more than the wallet or the game pouch, which I already have.

Thanks !

Mock

If you guys are really interested in some Gameboy cases...let me know. There are 3 shops locally that sell these cases by themselves used of course. Usually I can pick up about 6 or so for a 1.99. It depends on the store...but I haven't seem them bundle them at more than about 2.99. I will attest that GB cases work very very well for Lynx games. Lynx games are the same width wise...but just a tad shorter than the case. Even with the curved edge..the Lynx games fit very well. If you take two lynx games..and put one label down one way..the other label up the other way...then you can fit tow in together...and they fit like a glove!!!

I use the large Lynx case myself...but have more games that it will carry. For that...I have the rest of my lynx games stacked 2 to a GB case each. And then I have the GB cases in one of the side areas inside the Lynx case.

The only time I have had a problem with a Lynx game in a GB case...is that my Warbirds cart for some reason..is a tad wider than most of my GB cases I had. But I did manage to find one that is fit in very well and didn't get stuck in when I wanted it out.

:D

I've seen Gameboy plastic cases for sale at Electronic's Boutique as recent as a month ago. They had both clear and colored one, I believe 6 or 8 came in a box and they were around $4.99.

Next time I'm in there (which isn't too frequently) I'll take a look just in case someone asks this question again.

Mendon

Here's what I did before I bought a Lynx case...(this is my first post to the forums, BTW!)

Take a standard CD jewel case and gut it (including the middle piece of plastic that holds the CD). Next, break off the four tabs that hold the insert.

It takes some arranging but if you "yin/yang" the cards you can squeeze 8 games into one CD case.