IGNORED

SCSI2MicroSD for TI?

OLD CS1

The main one who would know about the size limitations in InsaneMultitasker, he is the SCSI guru. I have an original WHT SCSI also and have not had any of the upgrades performed, but I was able to format a 4 gig SCSI Seagate drive 2 months ago and verify it. Now whether it would utilize that whole capacity I don't know, haven't been able to keep my stuff going long enough. Gremlins and such you know.

My only reservation is throwing a large capacity card at it knowing that I will not be able to use more than 4GB or so (not that I can imagine ever using that much on my TI, anyway.) Of course, small capacity MicroSD cards are so cheap these days it pretty much does not matter.

Ditto on the wht scsi.
I'm very interested as well.
Think we should jump?

I am having a difficult time not jumping at it. At the very least, if my TI cannot use it then I know I have other SCSI-based systems which can.

One of the coolest things about it is that, according to the page, it can run off TERMPWR and not need a separate power connection.

i bought a scsi to ide adapter, then hooked a ide to cf card adapter to it and then a cf to sdcard and sdcard to micro on it.. works great on my amiga and would assume the same with the ti card.. microsd's are basically free at the 8g size ..so who cares if your wasting most of it.. i have some of these scsi to ide adapters for sale on accadeshopper.com under ti hardware

Unlike the IDE card's DSR, the SCSI card's DSR (device driver) does not implement multiple partitions on one physical device.

In 1994 we drafted partition and redundancy specifications but the real push at the time was to make the card work as a hard drive storage device. The main programmers - Mike Maksimik, Dave Nieters, and Brad Snyder - were focused on single partition implementations to match the existing HFDC standard. One must also realize that back then the available drive capacities were much, much smaller.

The maximum partition size (based on the HFDC specification) is 248MiB. With the TI, the SCSI card will present you seven drive IDs (the 8th ID is for the controller) of SCS1 thru SCS8. On the Geneve, a physical ID must be mapped to one of three logical device names SCS1,SCS2, or SCS3.

Multiple Logical Unit Numbers (LUN) are not supported natively by the TI or Geneve DSRs; if more than one LUN is present, only 0 is accessible by the host. There may stand-alone programs that can access the LUNs but for all intents and purposes, they are unusable by most software.

Therefore, you may connect up to seven physical devices (drives) each formatted to a maximum partition size of 248MiB.

Edit: For reference, I use the EZ135 drives for my systems. Others use the CF cards. Both work equally well.

Edited by InsaneMultitasker