IGNORED

Turban - TUrboBAsic Nifty

No problem, for translation please use:

https://www.deepl.com/translator

while I will translate it into English, when there is time. Else, we may have the Star Trek universal translator from 1967 based on AI and big data...

The main problem is always the setting of the right paths and giving read/write access to the working folder. Pressing you both thumbs, TURBAN is worth it. :-)

Thanks Luckybuck, not sure if a google translated guide for the Mac will get through my brain but every little helps :)

I'll give it another shot tomorrow when I have some more time.

Here's one I prepared earlier.

Quick instructions:

1. Unpack zip wherever you want (hopefully!)

2. Open turban.w10\npp.7.7 and execute notepad++.exe

3. Open turban.w10\testproject1\sample-2.tur or turban.w10\testproject2\sample-3.tur

4. Press F7. A dialog will pop up, just press ok. The program will compile and altirra will execute.

A few notes about the package:

- I used Altirra 64bit version. If you have a 32bit version of windows then replace with that version.

- Prior to executing turban, F7 will also auto save your source so it will compile the most current version

- While compiling, a pop up window at the bottom of the screen will show the build progress so you can see any errors. (you can set up the plugin to highlight errors and possibly jump on them by double click, but I did not set this up)

- Hopefully authors of the software I bundled inside that zip won't get pissed off! If they do, I'll simply remove the zip altogether.

- The package was hacked in a hurry but then I might have some prior experience :).

- Something not working or you need help? Let me know.

Hope this helps :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thanks for solving that special character problem, i've just been using chr$ :)

Is that mult-coloured code in Notepad++?  I know it can be done but I've been spending my time coding instead of learning the intricacy of the software I'm using to code.

@Preppie: Yes, ggn is right, this is Sublime Text, but Notepad++ should deal with this, too! BBEdit (Mac), UltraEdit, Eclipse, Visual Studio Code and so on are doing the job in the same way. Give the update a try, especially syntax check, snipping etc. are way ahead of the old editors. Saves you a lot of time! Have added for you and the others the character code on an atr image, please see below.

@ggn: So sorry behind time, as always. Thank you very much for your help in this case.

Characters.atr