IGNORED

Petition for Piggy Bank

I have fallen behind on boxes, I still need to acquire Super Pro Baseball, Hockey and Mystic Castle boxes and now this.

All in good time I expect and suppose!

My natural optimism always carries me to my ultimate goal!!! :)

Well, I don't think that the boxes for Super Pro Baseball, Hockey, and Mystic Castle have been released yet. You should be ok.

• Like 1

I know nothing about boxes for Hockey. I also know nothing about the widespread release of boxes. What I have or have seen could be called Prototypes. That said, I will buy an official box for any of those games should they be released.

Piggy Bank boxes will be released as an upgrade sometime by the end of summer or during the release of the next Piggy saga. If there is one.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

I think all intellivision homebrews should be available for purchase as roms. The sellers can make more money that way. I have an emulator with real intv controllers, but don't have an intellivision itself. People like me would buy the roms. oh well. These are old arguments.

I think all intellivision homebrews should be available for purchase as roms. The sellers can make more money that way. I have an emulator with real intv controllers, but don't have an intellivision itself. People like me would buy the roms. oh well. These are old arguments.

...as experienced by those that have actually sold roms vs carts...sellers do not make more money that way, no amount of discussion is going to change that fact.

I can only imagine it was a poorly worded argument.

"more money" not meaning more lucrative than selling carts, but "additional money" for the developer.

Maybe something more like, "if the carts are sold out and not readily available, the developer can make some additional money by selling the roms"

I just don't know how valid that argument is either.

Intelligentvision has a mixture of free and fee based roms available. Just not sure how many roms David is selling a year.

Is selling one or two roms a year really worth the effort?

For me, I'd really like to add additional homebrew games into my portable controller.

I also play more with emulation than I do with real hardware.

Not sure how many LTO FLASH carts have been sold. Now that roms can more easily be played on real hardware, it doesn't seem to be enough to warrant the release/availability of more roms.

Yes. I'm sorry. I meant additional money. I have bought about 5 roms already. It's just about expanding your market or doing some kindness for those without a real console. Anyway, The final decision is theirs and I will respect it. I'm just a bit down and and wanted to say something. Be well all!

The problem is the cost of printing boxes. My understanding is that its more or less a fixed cost regardless of how few or many you print. The small Intellivision market is such that to make the price reasonable they have to sell more boxes than there are people interested in buying them. There are buyers who aren't interested in a box but buy it because its the only way to get the game. In a way those people are subsidising the price for others. Same might be true with printing overlays. Rom files would mean those boxes take longer to sell or go unsold. Once the publishers recover their investment in printing they often provide the rom file, sometimes for free. Some games actually have a licence preventing rom files. One option is to produce cartridges only; I heard cartridges could be programmed on demand so they could be sold alongside rom files. That would mean more/additional money selling the rom files. In the case of a game like Piggy Bank that was sold cartridge only, I'm not sure about the reason for no rom files; maybe they are concerned about piracy.

Edited by mr_me

Well things are moving. I know one will happen. I have decided not to let artificial deadlines like PRGE for a release. If I have learned anything it's that sometimes things go really well...sometimes things take longer.

As to a Piggy ROM. There are plans for that in some form. It may be included in a multicart/Flash type cart with 15 other games.

• Like 5

Would be great to see new Piggy Bank game. In the last game there was a ton of head bumping during jumps, would be good to reduce that in the sequel.

I think you will be pleased with how this is turning out.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Well things are moving. I know one will happen. I have decided not to let artificial deadlines like PRGE for a release. If I have learned anything it's that sometimes things go really well...sometimes things take longer.

As to a Piggy ROM. There are plans for that in some form. It may be included in a multicart/Flash type cart with 15 other games.

Question: Piggy Bank seems really a cool game. No chance for a ROM sale for emulators?