IGNORED

Petition for Piggy Bank

• 1 month later...

What ever became of an official box/manual/overlays upgrade for Piggy Bank? Are the boxed copies currently around all the "unofficial" one?

- J

Yes all boxes and other collateral materials were all 3rd Party and not official.

• 1 year later...
Maybe one day a ROM version coded for JzIntv will be on sale?

Maybe BBWW could make a deal with the Amico people. I’d have a reason to buy an Amico day one. It would be the best launch title on the system. The only thing that would be close would be Christmas Carol vs The Ghost of Christmas presents. Now if both were available day one then it would probably outsell PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles amongst retro gamers that are in the know. Yolo people!

16 hours ago, adamchevy said:

Maybe BBWW could make a deal with the Amico people. I’d have a reason to buy an Amico day one. It would be the best launch title on the system. The only thing that would be close would be Christmas Carol vs The Ghost of Christmas presents. Now if both were available day one then it would probably outsell PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles amongst retro gamers that are in the know. Yolo people!

The Amico is not a flashback system. 

7 hours ago, adamchevy said:

I understand that. I think it would give it some nice backwards compatibility options.

They want to bring out classic versions of Intellivision games eventually, but they want to have the system well established before they do so.

I was talking about the Amico with a friend, and how I wanted to port my games over to the system. I showed him Moon Patrol on my phone and he was shocked that it was a 'modern' system. He thought I was talking about some super flashback console. That is the kind of thing that they need to avoid. You won't see any emulated Intellivision games on the system for a while. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

They want to bring out classic versions of Intellivision games eventually, but they want to have the system well established before they do so.

I was talking about the Amico with a friend, and how I wanted to port my games over to the system. I showed him Moon Patrol on my phone and he was shocked that it was a 'modern' system. He thought I was talking about some super flashback console. That is the kind of thing that they need to avoid. You won't see any emulated Intellivision games on the system for a while. 

That all makes sense but I would like to have “homebrews” on the Amico eventually 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

From what I understand, only Joe Z has the tools to generate encrypted ROMs and as we all know, he's choke full of busy. I understand that some publishers are looking into other ways to protect their ROMs from widespread piracy, in case that really is an issue today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping to release the Piggy Bank ROM in a bundle with 5 upcoming games. I did not automatically get rights to release the ROM so other parties are involved. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BBWW said:

Hoping to release the Piggy Bank ROM in a bundle with 5 upcoming games. I did not automatically get rights to release the ROM so other parties are involved. 

Exciting.  I may actually get to play this mythical game I have been hearing about for the last couple years.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 5/26/2022 at 8:08 PM, BBWW said:

Nearly a year later, is it too early to ask if this is still planned?  Was just looking at previous Homebrew Awards and Piggy Bank seems to be a well respected game for actual gameplay.

Maybe it's planned for after you have sold all your copies of your recently announced cart games?  Not rushing you or anyone.  I figured waiting 11 months to bump this thread isn't being too pushy.  ;) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Nearly a year later, is it too early to ask if this is still planned?  Was just looking at previous Homebrew Awards and Piggy Bank seems to be a well respected game for actual gameplay.

Maybe it's planned for after you have sold all your copies of your recently announced cart games?  Not rushing you or anyone.  I figured waiting 11 months to bump this thread isn't being too pushy.  ;) 

It's a pretty good platformer.  I think the precise-edge-position jumping can make it a tad hard, but it's a treat to play.

dZ.

• Like 1