IGNORED

getting a multi cart? need a list of publicly released roms?

pimpmaul69

DZ already mentioned this, but the Dancing Baby demo needs to be included. I've never actually stumbled upon the ROM, so I don't know if it's available - but it's a pretty decent demo.

Here's the Dancing Baby ROM and source. You can find the Dancing Baby thread on INTVPROG. (There's actually more than that thread on INTVPROG; that's just the one where Phil Lewis posted his source. There's lots in the INTVPROG archives.)

pglewis_dancing_baby.zip

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

Here's the Dancing Baby ROM and source. You can find the Dancing Baby thread on INTVPROG. (There's actually more than that thread on INTVPROG; that's just the one where Phil Lewis posted his source. There's lots in the INTVPROG archives.)

I had forgotten how cool this demo was. There were some very impressive technical demos on the INTVPROG list.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

i listed only homebrew games

erm caugh...

i noticed my sports game hacks listed under "complete"(i.e. soccer2 (2x15min) and certainly some other hacks as well

phew, i wish i haven't released it to the public.

i landed in this thread because i was looking for free to distribute roms for my "run from file" jzintv osx compilation (a vast amount of icons and batch files).

recently i stayed on the safe side, but it would be certainly nice to offer some free to distribute games which work with joe's miniexec, i.e. space patrol.

many fail unfortunately anyway.

one thing is if a rom image is public

quite another if it's free to distribute.

even if a rom (or any piece of software) is free to obtain it mustn't be free to distribute,

that's a problem and a lot of work to find out if it is or not.

thus i stayed already off of games like space patrol, even when it works perfecly with the miniexec.

handing a link to the developers distribution is always allowed, but not as comfortable.

Q:

what do you think is it still fair use if i would hand out "jzintv osx run from file" including rom images like "beam rider" or "pac-man" (both work with the miniexec)?

or do i bend laws already with "space patrol" or what i find i.e. on intellivision.us (dkinty works even with the miniexec)?

You should always get permission from the copyright owners. Some homebrews have already given permission as long as you follow conditions in their written licenses eg. Space Patrol and 4-Tris (if I'm not mistaken). Others like Ms Pac-man and DK-arcade ask that you link to their websites rather than share their files. With other homebrewers just ask. I would stay away from any Mattel/INTV games that Intellivision Productions has published and that includes some old unreleased games some of which are on intellivision.us. I'd stay away from Activision and Atari because they are active. Do any of the Imagic games work. Try Imagic because if anyone complains it would be interesting to see who it is.

All I know is that as Imagic scaled down, they rented office space from Activision and when Imagic closed all their equipment was auctioned off. The last president of Imagic did later become head of Activision a few years after. If you listen to Keith Robinson talk about licensing Imagic games, he explains that Activision did not recognize ownership of any Intellivision Imagic games.

some coleco, some activision and the atari games work with the miniexec.

most of the homebrew,

and nearly all intyBASIC projects.

but i think for a sort of showcase i gathered already enough.

incomplete waffles taste... like you would need to iron them.

• Like 1