Released by: Atari 1990
7800 HSC High Score:
Settings: N/A
Manual: http://atariage.com/...wareLabelID=702

ALL NEW SCORES MUST BE POSTED HERE, NO OLD SCORES ALLOWED

Bonus

Set a 7800 HSC record for [+1] bonus point. Break a previous record for [+2]

Finish the game, [+2] points.

GAME MUST BE PLAYED WITHOUT PAUSES OR SAVES.

Contest Ends

SUNDAY - NOVEMBER 8TH 10:00PM EASTERN TIME

High Scores

1. oyamafamily 9,999,990 [11+2+1 Tied Record]

2. LidLikesIntellivision 9,999,990 [11+2+1 Tied Record]

3. atomickneedrop 9,995,570 [10+2]

4. toiletunes 52,740 [+9]

5. Mord 33,640 [+8]

6. roadrunner 4,140 [+7]

7. jblenkle 2,720 [+6]

8. S.BAZ 1,000 [+5]

[ ] = Points
( ) = Rounds Played
GREEN = Games Won
GOLD = Seasons Won

MIDNTMUT.A78

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 1

I'll take a few stabs at a score sometime this week, but this game in particular doesn't play very nice with prosystem, which is the only emulator I've gotten to work on my computer(s). In particular there are times when prosystem will reset the cartridge on you. It took me a LONG time to make it through a full game without that happening. iirc, the resets would happen if too many sprites were in the same zone with the player - which usually happened if that stupid dog ran outon an already busy screen. Essentially if I saw a dog run in when there were a lot of enemies on the screen I immediately tried to run off the screen or at least as far up/down on the screen as I could. Sometimes didn't help, but the game played far more stable for me after I started doing things like that. In the end there was a degree of luck in getting through it all. x_x

if only I had the cartridge. QQ

You can use emulators (EMU7800, Prosystem Emulator or MESS). NTSC Color Format is highly recommended.

Just no saves, autofire and other unfair advantages. And any controller is allowed (NES/Famicom, Sega Genesis, 2600, 7800, trackball etc.)

Edited by oyamafamily

I'll take a few stabs at a score sometime this week, but this game in particular doesn't play very nice with prosystem, which is the only emulator I've gotten to work on my computer(s). In particular there are times when prosystem will reset the cartridge on you. It took me a LONG time to make it through a full game without that happening. iirc, the resets would happen if too many sprites were in the same zone with the player - which usually happened if that stupid dog ran outon an already busy screen. Essentially if I saw a dog run in when there were a lot of enemies on the screen I immediately tried to run off the screen or at least as far up/down on the screen as I could. Sometimes didn't help, but the game played far more stable for me after I started doing things like that. In the end there was a degree of luck in getting through it all. x_x

I used MESS Emulator (which I consider the best of all) to play Midnight Mutants. No sudden resets occured on my MESS.

I completed Midnight Mutants in approximately 28 minutes.

Edited by oyamafamily

I used MESS Emulator (which I consider the best of all) to play Midnight Mutants. No sudden resets occured on my MESS.

I completed Midnight Mutants in approximately 28 minutes.

I was using the latest version of prosystem, so I don't know if it was just luck or not but in the time I was playing I didn't get any resets myself so far. I used your playthrough actually to help remember half of the things that I needed to do, but I guess I should have tried for a stronger weapon before attacking the second boss. Oh well, we'll see if I find the time to give it another shot.

Unfortunately when I try to use MESS/MAME my computer kicks up a stink and crashes. (both of them!)

AWESOME!

How long did it take you to complete Midnight Mutants with your maximum score? Grampa wants to know by asking in the final message:

"BY THE WAY, WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?"

Thank you!

I'm not sure but probably around 45 minutes.

Before the ending, I had to calculate the right amount of points before saving Grampa because I had forgotten how much is necessary to achieve the max score.

In the first time I played Midnight Mutants in HSC, I thought the bonus was random so I finished the game many, many times trying to tie with you in first place.

When Nikon got his 9999990 score too, I discovered it couldn't be a random bonus! I finished once again, took my notes and a simple math!

This time I'm saving a file with the magic number for future reference. :)

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision