IGNORED

Lynx Lounge

btbfilms76

There are VGA to HDMI upscaler boxes that are relatively cheap. My guess is that is probably what he will be using.

Example: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=4629&gclid=CjwKEAiAmqayBRDLgsfGiMmkxT0SJADHFUhPgm24bK87kSMqkPjb1NkfjoyHNMXZCXVuAJSIzuifVBoCsSvw_wcB

Hey guys here's what Im using for the game capture device Im using the Elgato Game capture HD, but you need to also get from the Elgato sight a cable that is for composite hook ups, the pack in cable will not work you have to get that special one. The Jaguar plugs right into that set up no problem - but the Lynx has a few more hoops to jump through. The VGA out on the Lynx goes into the Enjoy Gadgets EGVGA RCA generic PC to TV converter. Then I capture the audio with a phono to RCA cable into the Elgato. If you guys would like I can do a video on the set up, that might be cool.

• Like 1

Hey guys here's what Im using for the game capture device Im using the Elgato Game capture HD, but you need to also get from the Elgato sight a cable that is for composite hook ups, the pack in cable will not work you have to get that special one. The Jaguar plugs right into that set up no problem - but the Lynx has a few more hoops to jump through. The VGA out on the Lynx goes into the Enjoy Gadgets EGVGA RCA generic PC to TV converter. Then I capture the audio with a phono to RCA cable into the Elgato. If you guys would like I can do a video on the set up, that might be cool.

I'd be interested to see the setup you are using and the quality of the game footage. I have one of the cheap VGA-to-HDMI boxes and would plug it straight into the Elgato if I needed to use it. Although to be fair, for consistency's sake, I use composite into the Elgato for all of my pre-360 systems (the included component cables double as a composite input source).

• Like 1

Sounds like a good professional setup you got there. :thumbsup:

I'd be interested to see the setup you are using and the quality of the game footage. I have one of the cheap VGA-to-HDMI boxes and would plug it straight into the Elgato if I needed to use it. Although to be fair, for consistency's sake, I use composite into the Elgato for all of my pre-360 systems (the included component cables double as a composite input source).

For what ever reason that composite cable that came with it didn't work on the Jaguar, or at least in my case. At one point I wasn't sure how to even do the show, and it took a month for me to get the settings right. Once I got the other cable… That I had to pay 15 bucks for plus shipping it all worked. The game footage is 640x480 H.264 nothing special, I keep it as original as possible, it looks great and at the end of the day its all being watched on peoples pads and phones.

• Like 1

I think for me just seeing the cabinet in the arcade, long ago in the days of yor, I remember just seeing the big X up font then followed by Bot. Its funny my brain never saw the Y, I just remember seeing XBOTS, or at leads thats what I though the game was called. Do you think with the 3d nature of the game they we're toying with the whole X & Y access lingo?

Hey btbfilms76,

I never saw this in the arcades in the UK so was unable to comment. However I've just googled the Xybots arcade and saw this.

post-40486-0-98785200-1447752039_thumb.jpg

I can just vaguely see the 'Y' so I can see why you thought it was called XBOTS. ;)

I think when I was younger lots of games were mis-pronounced just because as a kid that's what you remember. I used to call Kawasaki motorbikes Ca-waz-a-key. I mean seriously wtf!

On a more serious note what you are doing is fabulous. You are creating essentially a video history/guide for the Atari Lynx and its fanbase. It isn't just new games that keeps this forum and community alive, it's also all the effort people like you and other media creators put in, that keeps the legend alive. A Lynx fan is something to be proud of and creative minds like yours only add to that belief!

Rgds

BadPricey

• Like 1

Hey btbfilms76,

I never saw this in the arcades in the UK so was unable to comment. However I've just googled the Xybots arcade and saw this.

attachicon.gifxybots.jpg

I can just vaguely see the 'Y' so I can see why you thought it was called XBOTS. ;)

I think when I was younger lots of games were mis-pronounced just because as a kid that's what you remember. I used to call Kawasaki motorbikes Ca-waz-a-key. I mean seriously wtf!

On a more serious note what you are doing is fabulous. You are creating essentially a video history/guide for the Atari Lynx and its fanbase. It isn't just new games that keeps this forum and community alive, it's also all the effort people like you and other media creators put in, that keeps the legend alive. A Lynx fan is something to be proud of and creative minds like yours only add to that belief!

Rgds

BadPricey

Ha! Well the truth coms out - I never liked the letter Y. Thats right, all these years I've been sending "micro aggressions" towards the letter Y and I now have to face up to my ignorance. Thank you for helping me see my wrongs, and with the help of Atari Age I might over come the many years of mis pronouncing the game lol!! Bad Pricey is gonna get a HUGE shout out when this episode goes live. Im glad you like the show, I feel like I have a bunch of Atari stuff and things like the Jaguar and Lynx don't really get a lot of love on the U - Tube… I mean Youtube. Many more episodes to come.

• Like 2

Great episode. You could discuss the giant battery pack and the Naki battery pack. Will you have your actor guests on comlynx with you? Models one and two will link up.

So I thought I sold the giant battery pack a while back on ebay… Looking through my 7800 stuff I found it! Look for the shout out on the next Lynx Lounge.

• Like 1

Nice look at California Games. I agree, it's an all around great collection of mini games. Btw, in case you haven't figured it out yet, you can pump your skater up and down the halfpipe by pressing down while the skater goes down the ramp, and pressing and holding up when he goes up the ramp, while pressing one of the buttons to do a 180 in the air so you are always pointed forwards.

• Like 1

Nice look at California Games. I agree, it's an all around great collection of mini games. Btw, in case you haven't figured it out yet, you can pump your skater up and down the halfpipe by pressing down while the skater goes down the ramp, and pressing and holding up when he goes up the ramp, while pressing one of the buttons to do a 180 in the air so you are always pointed forwards.

Man I've tried that… this is one game that just gets the better of me. I think I just need to take a day and try to figure it out, but not much has changed for me since 1989, I think Im doomed on the half pipe.

The key is to turn at the right time. Think about turning right at the apex of your run, and then turn just before you think you should, just before the apex.

It feels a little off at first but once you get it you'll catch on quickly. The pushing up and down is important, but you won't get anywhere until you learn to turn.

• Like 1

The key is to turn at the right time. Think about turning right at the apex of your run, and then turn just before you think you should, just before the apex.

It feels a little off at first but once you get it you'll catch on quickly. The pushing up and down is important, but you won't get anywhere until you learn to turn.

I'll give it a go, let you know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Gates of Zendocon, nice graphics and music. I don't like the momentum the ship has though, such as if you hold the up button, your ship will move up but not at a steady rate, instead it will accelerate. Not game breaking for me, but it makes it pretty easy to run into things and die.

I recommend you look at Zarlor Mercenary in a future episode. IMO there is so much detail in that game from the intricate multi-track music to the tile based graphics that have a lot of variety between stages.

• Like 1