IGNORED

Adam lot

rapoza609

I recently came upon a large lot of Adam stuff. I'm not too familiar with the Adam, does anyone know if any of this is a good find? I know the disk drives are a little hard to find.

The lot had 8 different 3rd party Adam computer books from the 80's.

There were 2 vintage "I *heart* Adam" pins

Hardware:

Adam link modem with data packs and manual

2 disk drives wit power cords, connection cords manuals and disk manager software.

Boxed Games:

2010 text adventure game

Family Feud

A.E. and Chop lifter double pack

Zaxxon

Donkey Kong

Dragons Lair

There are also a whole container of loose games on floppy disks. These are all copies and not original games.

Temple of ApShai

Jeopardy

Hard hat mack

Pinball construction set

Trolls tale

Front line super game

Venture

Frogger 2

Chuck Norris

Blockade runner

Video hustler

Evolution

Cabbage patch kids

Donkey kong Jr

Super subroc

Also there are at leaSt 50 to 100 formatted blank floppy disks

There are also 20 or so Adam Data sets with some games. They all came in two flip open plastic cases. One cassette is labled Fantasy Gamer.

Boxed educational software:

Wacky word games

Richard Scary best electronic word book

Flash facts: American history

Flash facts: words

Flash facts: entertainment trivia

Flash card maker

Expertise

Home helper software:

Recipe filer

Smart filer

Letters and forms

Address book filer (with the auto dialer)

Adam Calc

Programming software:

Smart logo

CP/M 2.2 and assembler

There's a couple of resident Coleco experts here that'll tell you what's what, but are you sure all of those disks are for the Adam? Was not aware Pinball Construction Set and a few others were ever released for the system...

P.C.S. was part of "The Best of Electronic Arts" with the other game being Hard Hat Mack. It was never officially released by Coleco, but approval was given by Coleco higher-ups to release it and other completed but not commercially released titles (SubRoc Super Game, Troll's Tale, etc.) freely to the ADAM community in late 1985. The only stipulation Coleco placed on these games distribution via Public Domain was that all copyright info had to be removed from the title screens, etc. and this is why you see some versions with the original copyright info and others with this info hacked out and replaced with text such as "demo, released to the public domain".

• Like 1

The Disk Drives are worth at least $150 each especially if they can be verified to be in working condition. Auctions for working drives can fetch even more.

All the boxed ADAM games are pretty rare, but the two items that would bring A LOT of interest are the boxed Zaxxon and Donkey Kong... if these are in fact the ADAM Super Games that come in the Arcade Cabinet style boxes. There are a lot of people looking for these and an auction could bring some serious scratch.

The other ADAM software (educational and application titles) don't usually bring a lot of interest except from people trying to complete their collection.

All the loose disks and data packs are just copies of software, but there is always interest in these and you might be surprised by the activity an auction on these will bring. People even buy these just to repurpose the disks and data packs.

CP/M 2.2 is an alternate Operating System that the ADAM can run and opens it up to the 100s of thousands of programs released for CP/M... the precursor to MS-DOS.

You lucky bastard.

Great find!

I'd love to come across a disk drive without paying an arm and a leg for it.

Also, Super Donkey Kong (the one on tape, I assume that is what you got).... man, that's one of the super data packs I'd really love to get my hands on!

Wherever did you find all this stuff?

Edited by mozartpc27

P.C.S. was part of "The Best of Electronic Arts" with the other game being Hard Hat Mack. It was never officially released by Coleco, but approval was given by Coleco higher-ups to release it and other completed but not commercially released titles (SubRoc Super Game, Troll's Tale, etc.) freely to the ADAM community in late 1985. The only stipulation Coleco placed on these games distribution via Public Domain was that all copyright info had to be removed from the title screens, etc. and this is why you see some versions with the original copyright info and others with this info hacked out and replaced with text such as "demo, released to the public domain".

Does anyone know if the SubRoc Super Game ROM been posted somewhere.

Does anyone know if the SubRoc Super Game ROM been posted somewhere.

The disk and data pack versions in image file format for use with emulators or utility programs to transfer back to an ADAM media format have been available since the mid-1990s. If what you are talking about is the conversion to CV cartridge released by Team Pixelboy last year, then the answer is NO, the rom image has not been released and probably will not for a number of years as he will be producing more CIBs depending on the demand especially with a new run of 200 SGMs nearing completion.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got the stuff at a local store near me. The owner bought a huge colecovision, adam, and Intellivision collection off of a collector. Everything is boxed and in pristine condition.

Oddly enough, I just found a Boxed disk drive on Craigslist too. Came with a bunch of games too. All the original Styrofoam and manuals are with it. The box graphics and condition are good but the glue seems to have let go, so the box isn't staying together. Does anyone know of a particular glue I can use to fix it up that won't damage the box?

The box graphics and condition are good but the glue seems to have let go, so the box isn't staying together. Does anyone know of a particular glue I can use to fix it up that won't damage the box?

I use two kinds of glue for this:

1. There's a Martha Stewart glue pen (both ball point and plastic tip). This is very liquidy and blue, but dries pretty clear. Great for paper products. Use sparingly, and test on a throw-away project first. You'll need to learn how to throttle the glue from the pen.
  2. 3M Super 77 Spray Glue. Someone recommended this in another thread, possibly in an entirely different sub-forum here at AtariAge. This stuff is incredibly awesome, super duper strong, and works like a miracle. Again, you have to learn how to use this very sparingly and you have to learn to throttle the spray head. I also strongly recommend masking the areas that you'll be spraying. A lot of people swear by glue sticks for repairing boxes and labels, but when you learn to use Super 77 right, it's the best there is.

I use both of these to repair torn boxes where the graphics are separated from the cardstock main, hence my suggestions on how to use them.

Edited by phattyboombatty