IGNORED

Could Road Rash (3DO) be ported to the Jaguar?

Rick Dangerous

You guys aren't much fun; I really wanted to see where this would go this weekend. I provided the rope. Would he use it in clever new ways ... or hang himself? Oh well, the moment passed. :(

I will say Vlad's polygons are twice the width as expected, though that'd mean moar polys needed.

I'd also hope the solid walls would be used more for the sides than fronts.

The "Width" of polys is just a parameter in procedural generation. It will be tweaked along with the perspective (the two go hand in hand together) later.

As for the solid walls, I just finished tweaking partial clipping, because I did not like the way it behaved.

Going to start working on solid walls and some spacing between buildings.

If you want a test build, I can send you one, just don't distribute it publicly.

• Like 1

I've just wasted two hours of best morning concentration arguing over some fucking imbeciles and messing with build upload instead of coding. AA at its best :thumbsdown:

phoenixdownita : I am willing for him to do a VJ video once *at least* the features I mentioned yesterday I done.

However, as it's 1.15pm, and considering the time and concentration wasted, it's improbable at this point that all of the features will be implemented tonight.

I admit, I should have known better and expect the sub-8-bit jokers to do what they did.

Anyone unhappy with the above, feel free direct your anger at them !

It's clearly still early in development, but he seems to have met his goals for yesterday. The buildings move as-if the player was driving forward.

I actually did record a video in Virtual Jaguar, but it seems Vlad would rather wait until he has sprites in. Maybe I'll post it later if he's unable to get in his goals for the day.

Edited by PlaysWithWolves

It's clearly still clearly early in development

So far, only one day has been spent on development. So yeah.

but he seems to have met his goals for yesterday. The buildings move as-if the player was driving forward.

Correct. The build you have has strafing disabled, as I was in the middle of working on the side walls, and didn't want to reenable that just for your build. You merely wanted a proof this thing was real, as the sub-8-bit jokers got you to believe it wasn't.

I actually did record a video in Virtual Jaguar, but it seems Vlad would rather wait until he has sprites in.

Do not post video from that build. Can you imagine the demented responses from the sub-8-bit crowd that would generate ? They cannot comprehend the concept of "in development". You would be asking way too much of their brain "capacity"!

Maybe I'll post it later if he's unable to get in his goals for the day.

We shall revisit that depending on how far I get this afternoon and how much crap I will have to fight here.

Consider the following as a public announcement:

Whatever progress will be eventually reached, the builds will go only to those who have contributed positive energy to the thread.

Everybody had their chance to figure out their standpoint and what they believe in.

Seems like vast majority prefers to just "go with the masses" and bitch, mock whatever creative progress is made. That's their prerogative.

Incorporating user's feature requests and sharing builds is however mine.

Whatever progress will be eventually reached, the builds will go only to those who have contributed positive energy to the thread.

Everybody had their chance to figure out their standpoint and what they believe in.

Seems like vast majority prefers to just "go with the masses" and bitch, mock whatever creative progress is made. That's their prerogative.

And there's the cop out excuse folks, anyone shocked, really? What a tosspot. (Apparently, tosspot is a UK expression. So is 'CockWomble' - please, go with either)

You pulled the same shit with:

Hero (I can do this in a weekend!)

Klax (I can do this in a weekend!)

Gyrus (I can do this in a weekend!)

Star Raiders 8bit (Oh, sorry, despite the thread name and 8 pages of text I thought we were talking about a different game!)

VRBasic (Oh, it appears I can't do this, after all)

etc, etc

Now run along back to TXG's forum where you can get your dong diddled for releasing fuck all. At the end of the day, all your retarded insults boil down to:

Sub 8-Bit 2D (whatever the fuck that means) > FUCK.ALL (Which amounts to your 'releases')

PS

I've just wasted two hours of best morning concentration arguing over some fucking imbeciles and messing with build upload instead of coding. AA at its best

1. Then run along back to the other forum where proof, facts, releases, etc mean very little.

2. If you can't use the 'upload file' button then I strongly suspect it is you who is the 'fucking imbecile' because everyone else manages just fine. Maybe the problem is you have nothing to fucking upload?

Look out folks, We have Gorf/Rush 2.0 here!

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 4

Look out folks, We have Gorf/Rush 2.0 here!

ezgif.com-gif-maker2rvy6h.gif

• Like 4

I haven't seen the movie. What's the title ?

I suspect watching it will give additional meaning to the gif, but what the hell :)

Its Tropic Thunder. Its your typical spoof movie. If you dont like spoof films, this one wont make you change your mind, though, hehe. Its got Robert Downey jr, Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Danny McBride and Tom Cruise on the best role hes had in a long time :grin: . I just like this sort of stupid movies, hehe.

Between him and "Les Grossman" it's a tough one.

I think that both Robert Downey Jr and Tom Cruise being willing to not take themselves too seriously and just go with it made the movie something definitely worth sitting thru and "invest" a couple of hours in.

1604095265-200_s.gif

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 2

I was out couple hrs, but looks like I still might be able to come pretty close to what I originally aimed for today.

PlaysWithWolves - check the email for next build!

T+14 hrs:

- Browsed through my skybox textures, picked one, adjusted/processed in PaintShopPro and imported to the engine

- Although animated road is not in the scope of this weekend (it is for next one), I figured putting a static one should not hurt very much. So, we got some backdrop static road

post-19882-0-11323800-1448848746_thumb.gif post-19882-0-49822300-1448848756_thumb.gif

ToDo: Import Bike and props (assign unique world position for each and render them)

• Like 4

I was out couple hrs, but looks like I still might be able to come pretty close to what I originally aimed for today.

PlaysWithWolves - check the email for next build!

T+14 hrs:

- Browsed through my skybox textures, picked one, adjusted/processed in PaintShopPro and imported to the engine

- Although animated road is not in the scope of this weekend (it is for next one), I figured putting a static one should not hurt very much. So, we got some backdrop static road

attachicon.gifrr06.gif attachicon.gifrr07.gif

ToDo: Import Bike and props (assign unique world position for each and render them)

It has the look of the game "True Crime: Streets of LA" :cool: