IGNORED

WB Games offers Batman Refunds Again

JamesD

And so long as people keep ponying up for preorders regardless of how many buggy games a company releases, expect it to continue. If a game is a broken mess when it's released, and you end up being able to get a full refund for the crap, you -should-. If the company actually does come through and fix the turd they released then you can always rebuy it then (or wait for the price to drop and/or some GOTY edition to come out.), if they don't (As it seems WB is showing with Batman where they're oddly being upfront about "We'll be telling you about what we fixed, and discussing with you about the things we can't fix." then you'll have your money back to buy a game that works.

Supposedly according to some steam reviews they either have a patch for some of the issues already, or tell people to change a few settings somewhere. Might want to take a look to see if that'll help - but really if they found the cause of this apparent bug so fast you'd have to wonder why the didn't catch it prior to release - assuming they actually test their games these days. (I mean during the alpha, since the beta is obviously what gets released as the final version these days. ;))

I didn't buy it so I don't really care but when you think of it....they had three years to make the game and infinite money (you would think) from Activision. What gives?

I look at these lame ass commercials on TV and I'm like: shouldn't they have spent all that marketing money (which isn't needed for a COD game) and put it into QA, testing, hiring more testers and debuggers?

Pathetic.

Seems devs vs suits has always been a problem going way back to the Atari days.

This is why I don't game on PC. Too many configuration issues. A console just works. Well used to. Before day one mandatory updates were a thing... :ponder:

That's why I first bought a PS2 and then a 360.

Two dead 360s, several mandatory updates to use my games, and several buggy games later I'm going back to the PC.

• Like 2

I didn't buy it so I don't really care but when you think of it....they had three years to make the game and infinite money (you would think) from Activision. What gives?

I look at these lame ass commercials on TV and I'm like: shouldn't they have spent all that marketing money (which isn't needed for a COD game) and put it into QA, testing, hiring more testers and debuggers?

Pathetic.

Seems devs vs suits has always been a problem going way back to the Atari days.

Actually, they outsourced the PC version to another company - one that had already majorly botched a big project - and only gave them like 6-8 weeks to do it. That's kind of why it is what it is. (Mind you, that's no excuse for releasing what they released.)

To be honest, "Batman Refunds" doesn't sound like a very fun game anyway.

To be fair, it's probably more enjoyable to some of the fans that bought AK. ;)