IGNORED

SGM Clone 100% working..

juice2839

interesting. if people cant wait for a third run of the sgm, they can hack something together if they really want to.

Wonder what other kinds of expansion slot things people could do. NES adapter would be amusing. RPi style computer option would be doable.. probably better if you do the vga mod to the coleco first, so kind of limited appeal.

Im not sure I understand the point of cloning the SGM. Why dont you create something new like an Intellivison adapter or an MSX adapter. I guess what I'm trying to say in a nice way is its not cool to steal someone elses work when its still fairly new. If it was 20 years old who cares but Im pretty sure he is still planning on making more.

• Like 3

Im not sure I understand the point of cloning the SGM. Why dont you create something new like an Intellivison adapter or an MSX adapter. I guess what I'm trying to say in a nice way is its not cool to steal someone elses work when its still fairly new. If it was 20 years old who cares but Im pretty sure he is still planning on making more.

You're right you don't understand the point. It's leading to something new.

I tried to contact juice about this, but basically got a fuck you...

This is why I will never share the details of anything I create publicly again. We are a small community, and projects are created based on the assumption the creator can get his/her money back from selling to this small community. The SGM cost me a small fortune to produce, and no matter how you managed to clone it, it is still my idea, and will only serve to make me think twice before creating or sharing anything with this community again...

• Like 5

This is why I will never share the details of anything I create publicly again. We are a small community, and projects are created based on the assumption the creator can get his/her money back from selling to this small community. The SGM cost me a small fortune to produce, and no matter how you managed to clone it, it is still my idea, and will only serve to make me think twice before creating or sharing anything with this community again...

Stop crying. No one said anything about me selling it. If you have this kind of attitude when someone makes something then go stand in a corner and sing the nobody loves me song to yourself.. The only thing you contacted me with was some bully talk about taking me to court... Again your attitude is hostile to anyone that threatens to have a brain. The stuff your making is 80's technology grow up. If your idea was to put a 80's sound chip on an 80's games system WOW you ROCK!!!

• Like 2

You're right you don't understand the point. It's leading to something new.

Why do you always have to be so abrasive with your responses to other people? It was a legitimate question and he wasn't being rude. But instead of actually answering his question you chose to talk down to him and discount his question as being real. I have been actually wondering the same thing. I mean, the title of this thread is "SGM Clone" and how is anyone supposed to know otherwise that this is leading to something else or anything but trying to copy Eduardo's idea?

Edit: and your response to Eduardo just exemplifies what I was trying to say. You seem like a very smart person with a lot of talent that could someday build something I would be interested in buying or funding, but not with the attitude you've shown here.

• Like 1

Why do you always have to be so abrasive with your responses to other people? It was a legitimate question and he wasn't being rude. But instead of actually answering his question you chose to talk down to him and discount his question as being real. I have been actually wondering the same thing. I mean, the title of this thread is "SGM Clone" and how is anyone supposed to know otherwise that this is leading to something else or anything but trying to copy Eduardo's idea?

Edit: and your response to Eduardo just exemplifies what I was trying to say. You seem like a very smart person with a lot of talent that could someday build something I would be interested in buying or funding, but not with the attitude you've shown here.

My answers are returned with the same attitude that the posers of the questions exhibit. Have an attitude I'll have an attitude back. Be aggressive you'll get the same back. Be friendly and be surprised.

My answers are returned with the same attitude that the posers of the questions exhibit. Have an attitude I'll have an attitude back. Be aggressive you'll get the same back. Be friendly and be surprised.

Ok, so why did you make an SGM clone instead of something new that many of us might want? And what will it lead to since you don't really explain it other than what you titled your thread?
  • Like 1

Ok, so why did you make an SGM clone instead of something new that many of us might want? And what will it lead to since you don't really explain it other than what you titled your thread?

I made the SGM clone because I could and it was a good refresher on old z-80 hardware. As far as what I am working on let's just say that new things work better when they are backwards compatible.

Edited by juice2839

How about stuff like this? Although may have limited usage.

Intellivision Roller Controller

Intellivision Paddle Controller

Intellivision Memory Expander

• Like 1

Eduardo I know you've had issues with things like this in the past (was it the mega cart?) but you can't blame an entire community for the actions of a few people. Now if juice2839 winds up replicating the functions of the SGM into another product and offers it for sale, that's a whole different issue.

And to Juice2839, for someone who has only been around for about a year you certainly seem to be pissing a lot of people off lately.

Just my two cents.