IGNORED

BattleSphere eBay Question

Mendon

If you watch T-Bird's posts like a hawk(pun intended :D ) in here and JI2, then you might get a copy of BSG through a silent auction or if he makes a new batch for sale on the Scatologic site. That is how I got my copy of the original Battlesphere. Then you will have a nice brand new, complete copy of BSG. It will still be expensive, but much more reasonable than $200 or $300.

My first and only experience with Battlesphere was at the PC4 thanks to Randy and YarsRevengeFan.

I was shocked at how much fun the game was, and I will be looking at this auction too.

Somehow I do not think we will see them available on their website anytime soon.

It's a DB-9 female - so defintely intended for a PC serial port. Perhaps 'key' was the wrong word to use - it looks more like an adapter, now that I take a closer look at it. A DB-9 to RJ11 adaptor. This must go from the PC to a CatBox/Jagdapter/Scatbox? It's wired DB-1,2,3,5 to RJ-2,1,3,4 (respectively). After looking at Scat's website (www.battlesphere.com), it's not even an adapter (well, sorta). This appears to be the JUGS device.

I thought $300 wasn't too bad, considering the obscurity of the game. How many other people out there actually have the keypad overlay to go with it? This is a fraction of the price I paid for a Vectrex 3-D Imager!

Breakout 2000 from the same auctioneer as Battlesphere

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...0&category=3528

Did anyone figure out who this ebayer is and how he got all these rare cartridges. I never see Breakout 2000 for auction, much less Battlesphere, although If i bought BattleSphere, I would always want BattleSphere Gold.

Please T-Bird, maka the Gold.

It's a DB-9 female - so defintely intended for a PC serial port.  Perhaps 'key' was the wrong word to use - it looks more like an adapter, now that I take a closer look at it.  A DB-9 to RJ11 adaptor.  This must go from the PC to a CatBox/Jagdapter/Scatbox?

Aha, that's the 'JUGS device'. Connects from PC serial port to a JagLink via the cable supplied with the Jaglink.

It's wired DB-1,2,3,5 to RJ-2,1,3,4 (respectively).

That's the one.

After looking at Scat's website (www.battlesphere.com), it's not even an adapter (well, sorta).

Not sorta an adaptor at all, entirely so. Take a peek inside and it's just wire...like I said, it's just tidier in a box :) If you need to use serial connections on the Jag at all then a simple cable with those connections does exactly the same thing, and usually tider still (mine is simply a cable that starts as a 9-pin female connector and ends as an RJ11). Makes for less excess cable hanging around, which I find generally preferable.

While I think about it, the 'key' was part of the Scatbox. Doh!

Stone

This is a fraction of the price I paid for a Vectrex 3-D Imager!

Ok do please explain what exactly that is. I've seen Vectex's arround very rarely, beautiful little machines with mono vector monitors, I'd kill for one, but wtf is a 3D Imager or is it something totally unrelated?

/me needs to be rich :(

This is a fraction of the price I paid for a Vectrex 3-D Imager!

Ok do please explain what exactly that is. I've seen Vectex's arround very rarely, beautiful little machines with mono vector monitors, I'd kill for one, but wtf is a 3D Imager or is it something totally unrelated?

See here. Basically the imager achieved the same effect as today's LCD 3D glasses (darken the eyes alternately in sync with the TVs refresh rate/2 so alternate frames go to alternate eyes) except this effect was achieved by spinning coloured disks in front of the eyes. Read that FAQ, it's good :)

And I'm not surprised they're expensive...electromechanical things are surprisingly difficult to keep intact over the years.

Stone

Very impressive technology for the early 80's to say the least. The color disk does add color to the games by strobing the appropriate 'lines' on the screen at the appropriate time. Half of the color wheel is actually black - which creates the left/right eye alternation. It does take about 15mins for your brain to adjust. Sitting back from the unit a couple of feet helps as well, but for the price I paid for the thing, I don't want to stretch the cord out too much! The Vectrex was snuffed out in it's infancy and fell as hard of a victim to the video game crash of the mid-eighties as Atari - if not harder. Some of the games are exact duplicates from the arcade and the system even sports Cosmic Chasm, which is the first home-to-arcade port EVER!

If you watch T-Bird's posts like a hawk(pun intended :D ) in here and JI2, then you might get a copy of BSG through a silent auction or if he makes a new batch for sale on the Scatologic site.  That is how I got my copy of the original Battlesphere.  Then you will have a nice brand new, complete copy of BSG.  It will still be expensive, but much more reasonable than $200 or $300.

There has been a waiting list for BSG, and nobody has gotten one via a "silent auction" or any other method bypassing the list.

Archived