IGNORED

Boxed Air Raid Sells For $500

pangasinan

I had been watching this auction for a few days and I believe the Air Raid was real after talking to the seller,then suddenly the auction ended.

I messaged the seller and he said someone came around and offered $500 for the lot,the buyer who side dealed this was from Victoria also,so I have my suspicions on who it was.

Really pissed off that I didn't get the chance to bid on this.................

My only pleasure was to tell the seller he got ripped off and that one sold for over $30k a few years back.

Here is the auction link.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/atari-2600-with-games-Megamania-Air-raid-Soccer-Freeway-and-Atlantis-/111815340571?

Edited by pangasinan

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/atari-2600-with-games-Megamania-Air-raid-Soccer-Freeway-and-Atlantis-/111815340571?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=KQvwauQ9vg36mUsgzSaTTX5MkWM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

No I didn't buy it, but the seller told me a guy came tonight and picked the bundle up for $500.

I'm guessing we'll see this one up for sale in the near future :)

Air%20Raid_zpschxgm7tv.jpg

Air%20Raid%202_zpsowaawlss.jpg

It seems fishy to me. The seller gets multiple requests about the Air Raid and then sells it outside of Ebay. Why would he not think to research it.

I once sold some expensive stereo interconnects. At first I didn't realize they were special and had them listed as an auction with a low starting price. Then I got several requests to end them early which prompted me to research the cables and discover their real value.

I don't know. Maybe he just isn't experience enough with Ebay.

Wow, man. Seller got burned hard. Had he left it up, he'd of gotten some big moolah for it.

Well they say Karma's a b!tch so when someone from Victoria tries to unload it on eBay, we'll know the guy who ripped him off.

Also threads need to be merged:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/245300-air-raid-boxed-atari-2600-sells-for-500/

I once sold some expensive stereo interconnects.

Banana plugs and 14 guage bulk stranded wire from the hardware store. Anyone claiming that $1000 per meter speaker cable sounds better is selling snake oil. Some people will pay huge sums of money to experience the placebo effect.

Banana plugs and 14 guage bulk stranded wire from the hardware store. Anyone claiming that $1000 per meter speaker cable sounds better is selling snake oil. Some people will pay huge sums of money to experience the placebo effect.

Lolz -- collectively, audiophiles have to be the biggest suckers on the face of the planet.

• Like 1

Lolz -- collectively, audiophiles have to be the biggest suckers on the face of the planet.

Forgive me if this was off topic but I consider myself an audiophile who firmly believes you don't need to spend thousands to get decent sound...

Living room setup:

$150 Sony Stereo Amplifier, $120 on sale at Best Buy.

$300 Polk Monitor 40s (per pair) - phased out - $120 clearance at NewEgg.

My old Sony sub sits disconnected and I don't even miss it. Don't miss the former 5.1 surround system with tinny satallites we got rid of either. The 10" sub massively overcompensated for the 2.5" satallites' complete lack of bass resulting in a rather wide hole in the midbass region.

Bedroom Setup:

Early 2000s RCA 3-piece CD AM/FM Cassette Stereo (I've had it for years)

Upgraded with $20 pair of old Jensen JP500s from the pawn shop - sound perfect with flat EQ

Audio Technica LP120 Direct Drive Turntable - $220

Hookups:

Shielded RCA cables from Radio Shack $6-7 per set.

(don't buy cheap unshielded Walmart crap - don't buy overpriced Monster crap from Best Buy either)

Lowes 14-guage bulk spool of speaker wire - $30

Enjoying old vinyl on well balanced speakers without expensive "placebos" - priceless... :grin:

• Like 2

Can anybody identify the sticker on the front of the Air Raid box? (It looks to be the same as the one on Realsports Soccer.)

It looks, to me, like a Cash Converters price sticker, but the image is too low resolution to tell for sure.

It's probably not real. People usually do research as to what something is worth prior to posting. I can't see this person being so naive. I now see Air Raid repro boxes being sold on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-7800-Air-Raid-box-only-W-W-/281843768336?hash=item419f329c10:g:O6MAAOSw14xWIbGZ

Oh, and if you talk about the price sticker on it, Digital Press puts stickers directly on the boxes. Sad, but it usually ruins the box. You'd think a major person in the video game field would know better.

Edited by Philflound

It's probably not real. People usually do research as to what something is worth prior to posting. I can't see this person being so naive. I now see Air Raid repro boxes being sold on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-7800-Air-Raid-box-only-W-W-/281843768336?hash=item419f329c10:g:O6MAAOSw14xWIbGZ

Oh, and if you talk about the price sticker on it, Digital Press puts stickers directly on the boxes. Sad, but it usually ruins the box. You'd think a major person in the video game field would know better.

$99 is hellalot to pay for a repro box. Good thing the cart itself is hard to repro... :ponder: