IGNORED

Boxed Air Raid Sells For $500

pangasinan

There were 2 items , One was sold in the first lot for $ 500 , This cartridge is being now sold on its own, The ebay ad states for all to view item , No scam no hiding . The father I law was a hoarder unfortunately we have been caught up in this shit , Looking through all the crap there is 22 space invader cartridges this guy had nearly triple of the same thing of every item, We spent almost $ 600 on a skip bin getting rid of crap also there was stuff maybe of value thrown out . The man passed away , Its no bullshit story

What does it take for you people to understand , Its listed as it is , Its unfortunate that we have been caught up in this BS as we are trying to sell the father in laws shit. He collected all sorts of things , House was full garage was full. If this is a fake so be it . If people want to come and view it you are all welcome , Then you can tell us . Its not our business to scam people but getting fair input from people without the abuse also helps .

Edited by Fifa16

What does it take for you people to understand , Its listed as it is , Its unfortunate that we have been caught up in this BS as we are trying to sell the father in laws shit. He collected all sorts of things , House was full garage was full. If this is a fake so be it . If people want to come and view it you are all welcome , Then you can tell us . Its not our business to scam people but getting fair input from people without the abuse also helps .

But it isn't worth $50. Don't you feel bad about that?

• Like 3

Personally I think this is the same item as in the first auction - conveniently with the 'new for atari 2600' sticker over the price tag of the first item, where the original 'Tuesday Morning' price tag was. Incidentally the yellow 'new for atari 2600' is from a HES released clamshell cartridge.

Anyway - that aside - Fifa16 why don't you prove us all wrong and take detailed close up pics of the box and post them here. It's that easy

• Like 1

Personally I think this is the same item as in the first auction - conveniently with the 'new for atari 2600' sticker over the price tag of the first item, where the original 'Tuesday Morning' price tag was. Incidentally the yellow 'new for atari 2600' is from a HES released clamshell cartridge.

Anyway - that aside - Fifa16 why don't you prove us all wrong and take detailed close up pics of the box and post them here. It's that easy

Why are you even trying, that is 300DPI at best? You would drool over the one my wife made, she fixed all the flaws of Jose's box. We had it on display in the AA booth at CGE, years ago.

When Jose came over to my house with the real deal, we compared them and he was like "Damn, that looks better than the real deal!".

I'll be posting the really rare one, the red prototype of Air Raid soon. You know, kind of like the red version of Lochjaw? :lol:

• Like 1

Its not our business to scam people but getting fair input from people without the abuse also helps .

As one of the few people who's had the opportunity to thoroughly examine a genuine Air Raid box and cartridge, I can tell you that the one you are selling is absolutely and undeniably a reproduction, and a poor one at that. Advertising it as anything but a reproduction is misleading at best, and fraud at worst.

..Al

• Like 17

Why are you even trying, that is 300DPI at best? You would drool over the one my wife made, she fixed all the flaws of Jose's box. We had it on display in the AA booth at CGE, years ago.

When Jose came over to my house with the real deal, we compared them and he was like "Damn, that looks better than the real deal!".

I'll be posting the really rare one, the red prototype of Air Raid soon. You know, kind of like the red version of Lochjaw? :lol:

Not sure if you meant to address me or fifa16.., but perhaps I should be 'trying' - I'd do a damn better job of it than this. I even have access to a 3D printer - pvc piping is for peasants

ok guys Firstly you should of perhaps spoken to the father in law, His deceased now, They are his items yes there were 2 of them one has been sold , Guy came around had a look and was happy .. The box has seen better days, This Box is in much better condition, But if its fake so be it. You guys are the experts here not us

ok guys Firstly you should of perhaps spoken to the father in law, His deceased now, They are his items yes there were 2 of them one has been sold , Guy came around had a look and was happy .. The box has seen better days, This Box is in much better condition, But if its fake so be it. You guys are the experts here not us

Yes, should of have.

Before more people hand you shovels, take pictures of the circuit board, by pushing in the bottom of the cart (dust cover, which Air Raid did not have, nor was it an Atari cart, which is much longer, nor did the handle look like that).

I bet you can still smell the paint, no?

• Like 3

Firstly everyone says that the seller got burnt hard now the seller has been accused as a scammer , That really makes a lot of sense lol What will it be lol

We said the seller got burnt before we seen images of the cartridge LOL. Not to mention since then we were able to get better and more pictures of the box.

That cart is so poorly made I am taking it upon myself to put forth a tiny bit of effort to make a "nice looking" reproduction of this cart. I will post pics when I am done.

I bet if you take off the blue paint you will easily see white pvc underneath. I almost want to buy it just to video tape myself stripping it and showing what it is.

Yes the father in law had 2 of them , one is sold , The person came over and viewed everything , Its not like I tried to scam him over BS Atari rubbish, nor did I have the guy in a headlock forcing to buy the stuff. I am very happy that he came around and viewed everything. I have not heard back from him , He has a huge collection he was saying .

Well now that you suddenly of course realized you have a funky repro of air raid why don't you update your auction stating what you learned here! Just a small thought.

^^Nice!

I also noticed someone has already bid on this so it's too late to pull the auction this time around. Should we report it? I actually entertained the thought of bidding. $50 AUD is not bad considering the US Dollar is high right now. I have no idea what shipping is though. This would be a fun shelf piece for someone due to it's controversial history, even if it's faker than Dolly Parton's rack. :P

• Like 1