IGNORED

Boxed Air Raid Sells For $500

pangasinan

LOL, I just looked at the fake cart a little closer, the paint is coming off and he didn't bother to paint the prongs. :rolling:

What do you expect from a used car ebay selling slimeball, he was just trying to expand his business offerings probably in cahoots with st james retail since it seems to be pretty lucrative side business. Ebay & Allibaba are basically the same creatures designed to maximize shareholder value, more stuff pushed through more commissions received regardless of business ethics.

Another email from our friend,

Hey Al

Stop putting posts up because ill resort to facebook and expose your site. Its not a matter of a lost battle but you guys are sad group who are their to tarnish peoples reputations. You have not seen the cartridge nor touched it therefore you don't know for sure. So allegations that are made is gospel at this stage. . We are not in any affiliation to st james that is another lie , Make sure you have proof of what you say before basing the facts.

I suggest you lock the thread completely , We are not scammers but we have heard a lot about you morons a bunch of wankers who think they know it all. At this stage we don't know what it is nor you guys we are not qualified so don't fucking talk

Good Riddence Cunt

• Like 8

Jeez, what a clown. Has anybody reported his listing?

I don't know why he's so butthurt.. there's tons of pictures of real Air Raid carts on the internet.

You'd have to be blind to not see the differences in his cart and a real, authenticated cartridge!

Guess he's just a kid in denial.. it's a fake, there's nothing to report to facebook or anywhere else.

It's still worth a little bit of something as a reproduction to a collector but it's not the cash cow that he hoped for..

• Like 1

You know a fun fact. As a buyer you can bid on an item and then not pay and all ebay does is nothing. You know what is even better? When you are a buyer and you pay for the item via paypal. What this means is when the fake ass air raid you purchased comes to your house and you "refuse to accept" the package and it gets sent back to fake scammer all you have to do is bypass ebay and contact payal. Paypal will steal the funds back from seller soon as tracking confirms it was returned and doesn't even say anything to seller.

Paypal refunds your entire purchase price shipping included and not a damn thing the seller can do. I learned this the hard way. One good scam deserves another. So let me reassure you to keep posting that fake ass air raid on ebay w/out disclosing it is a known fake.

Just some carrots for thought.

• Like 3

Just so everyone can see the maturity of this seller, here's an email he kindly sent a few minutes ago:

Hey, I have a rabbit...

She's actually snuggling by me while I'm lying on the couch reading this thread and watching the end of the Cowboys/Eagles game. Her name is Uhura and she likes Oreos.

Last I checked this was on page 2. Took a day off and see how this explodes. It's turning into Natalie all over again. Now it's Rosa. And what language from "women".

Sad part is this person questioning the "experts". Many of us ARE experts because we have extremely large collections and have been doing this many years.

How many games must pass through hands or years of collecting to be considered an expert? Personally I think I've had no less than 5000 games pass through my hands, I say maybe 2000 boxes in general. Collecting for 20 years now. Oh, that's Atari 2600 only, not anything else. My guess is there are at least 100 of us here that can take the title of expert, due to just the amount of time spent on the hobby.

Like I mentioned earlier, I don't buy anything expensive anymore. Everyone thinks they are an expert on vintage games. Most people have no idea what they are doing. I went to a flea market for the first time in a couple of months. One I have never been to. I was extremely surprised to see the permanent indoor vendors with Atari games. A few actually, think maybe 4. All games were priced $3 with one and $5 with another, the others no prices. Didn't matter what title or condition. I saw nothing probably more than an R3, if that. "Everyone thinks they are an expert". I didn't bother questioning or correcting, though I felt like asking them if they bought and how much they pay. If I go back, I may just do that.

Phil

Edited by Philflound
  • Like 5

I've been collecting for nearly 20 years and at one point owned around 6,000 games and over a hundred consoles and computers, even I don't really consider myself an expert. But I guess I never thought of it in those terms. It is irritating that collecting seems to be a competition in some circles (that's part of the reason I can't get into the Nintendo scene), but that's another topic.

However, I'll say I am, by most objective measures, fairly knowledgeable about the Atari 2600, and certainly enough to spot a fake Air Raid. It really doesn't even take an expert to identify this as a fake. "Rosa" didn't like getting called out on it? Sad story, bro.

This is disgusting. It's up to AU $205 now. These ass-clowns are all bidding far too much for a repro. It may have made a nice conversation piece and impulse buy at $50, $205 not so much, even with the weak Aussie dollar.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/atari-2600-AIR-RAID-GAME-CARTRIDGE-IN-BOX-/111818790477

Reported.

post-33189-0-90341700-1447123624_thumb.png

I just now realized her auction was still up. For what it's worth i reported it online but tomorrow i will call ebay's fraud department & if i have to will also call paypal's fraud division.

1) User id: AU2014_Mont Auction #111818790477 AU Fake Air raid listing

Also,

2) User id: STJamesretail auction#'s (272031286250), (272025556501), (272008254867), (272031286250), (272038017557) for selling reproduction hozer game's such as red sea crossing, gauntlet, gamma attack as real for thousands of dollars

Tomorrow evening i'll give you an update