IGNORED

Atari 2600 "Red sea crossing" Real or fake

Max_Revolver

Hello there New to AtariAge, and so far loving the topics and replies. Well question to all atariage members, i purchased a Atari 2600 red sea crossing game, bought the game on Ebay lol now i havent received it yet i will soon hopefully, but from the pictures from ebay and now posted here, now basing it on just the pictures, did i purchase a reproduction, only thing i have noticed from the game i bought to the couple sold in the past is the cart which the one i bought has ridges in the back apollo cart. The seller told me there were 2 variations for these game but idk, any info helps thanks.

post-44373-0-11225300-1446923897_thumb.jpg

post-44373-0-78672200-1446923916_thumb.jpg

post-44373-0-24479900-1446923943_thumb.jpg

post-44373-0-10841300-1446923975_thumb.jpg

The only indication on this being a fake is in the bottom right corner...which is conveniently torn off. I'm not sure why this guy has good feedback. I've been following his sales for a few years now and the biggest majority of his stuff is faked. I guess if you want something just to play that's fine, but I don't think he ever admits his stuff is bogus.

• Like 1

That Game Is in an Atari shell, which as CPUWIZ stated before is not the shell it was produced in. It is clearly a reproduction.

Here is some reading on this 100% feedback seller

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/224870-on-ebay-stjamesretail/?hl=%2Bstjamesretail&do=findComment&comment=2997060

Edited by atari181
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advise atari181 much apreciated, will do when i receive the damn repro, i got excited it was the first time ive seen red sea crossing atari on sale on ebay i spent $700 can you believe that smh. You live and you learn right.

Well you came to the right place for info. There are lots of members here willing to help with any questions. You can also score some great items in the Marketplace as well.

Auction OP won:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Red-sea-crossing-very-RARE-/272031286250?hash=item3f565403ea:g:4QsAAOSwl9BWMvRa

Previous auction from same seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Redsea-Crossing-Gamma-attack-repos-super-rare-/271967074654?hash=item3f5280395e%3Ag%3APXUAAOSwLVZV2-Wl&nma=true&si=JSrFkdyY%2B%2F4MohO2keSVfKNGFrQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Extremely misleading. The auction with two games states "super rare", but at least the word "repos" is used (not sure if seller is avoiding the word "repro" on purpose, to avoid the auction being ended by eBay). The auction won by Max_Revolver does not state the games are reproductions, and uses the term "very RARE". Given they are reproductions, they are not rare at all and are worth $20 at most. Very slimy.

..Al

• Like 1

Also, this Gauntlet auction is also a fake:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Gauntlet-working-Super-rare-/272038017557?hash=item3f56baba15:g:mhsAAOSwT5tWMt0I

I assume this is another Hozer reproduction, and it looks like the seller has peeled the "tape" off the top of the labels (which is how he makes the labels glossy), probably to try and hide that it's a reproduction.

..Al

Also, this Gauntlet auction is also a fake:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Gauntlet-working-Super-rare-/272038017557?hash=item3f56baba15:g:mhsAAOSwT5tWMt0I

I assume this is another Hozer reproduction, and it looks like the seller has peeled the "tape" off the top of the labels (which is how he makes the labels glossy), probably to try and hide that it's a reproduction.

..Al

Anyone going for items like this, needs to do more research. Because, again, wrong cartridge shell, like the RSC cart.

Oh i will give him a bad review, it will be his first which is amazing. He literally has 100% positive, no neutrals or negatives, i dont know how his done it all this time, im not the only person he has screwed over.

He actually has 3 negatives(one from me), they are all from over a year ago so they do not count against his feedback %

Interesting. This Red Sea Crossing cart has a tear on the label right where a Hozer logo would be...

I think as long as it's fully disclosed and you don't overpay (in other words, you know what you're getting), there's nothing wrong with repros. Doesn't seem like that was the case here.

FWIW Hozer will make a cart for something like $12-15.