IGNORED

Atari 2600 "Red sea crossing" Real or fake

Max_Revolver

Good news :)

He didn't want it back cuz he knew full well its not worth nearly the cost to ship it back to him.

No don't try and sell it.

Consider yourself very lucky to have learned a lesson on doing your homework before plopping that kind of money down and still getting your money back.

Keep the game as a playable copy of a neat game and keep it from ever being passed around again unscrupulously. ;)

Well good news people, im getting my money back, seller refunded all my money back and didnt even ask me to send the reproduction back. Cpuwiz Tried taking a pic of the board but cant really see anything. Well question is should i just sell the REPRODUCTION of red sea crossing any suggestions.

Since you have the fake in hand and do not need to return it, Why not poke the label with a screwdriver to open the cart for photos. There should be a screw somewhere under the label.

Or just keep it and play the game if you want. I haven't tried it yet on my Harmony cart, but I downloaded the ROM from Atarimania.

Good thing you got your money back. Seven hundred is a lot of cash! :o

• 1 month later...

Looks like this guy is selling his red sea crossing repro I think it's his copy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172046475710?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's a fake. Hozer Video made it and he tore off the Hozer mark.

Yeah it's the one stjamesretail sold i believe, the problem with this title is you have to pay close attention to the lineage of who owns the 2 real copies, if i owned one of the real copies i would not have released it to the public

Agreed. I know who owns each one and doubt that they will be changing hands any time soon.

Looks like this guy is selling his red sea crossing repro I think it's his copy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172046475710?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's a fake. Hozer Video made it and he tore off the Hozer mark.

I sent an offer for $20. Not paying a penny more... :ponder:

Probably because ebay policy does not allow reproductions or fakes of items in any category.

And also a big 1 probably they don't like that he is reselling an item that he was fully refunded for because he opened a case against the seller for it being a reproduction in the first place.

This could easily look like someone trying to benefit from ebays return and protection policy.

And in all essence he would be benefiting from it...even if it wasn't his original intent....

• Like 1

Sup guys well i did tell my friend to sell the reproduction of red sea crossing for me since it would be kinda bad selling it on my acccount anyways i did tell hin to put reproduction on title it wasnt like i was trying screwing anyone, like it happened to me , plain and simple just wanna sell it for cheap make it worth all the trouble and time i went through with the dumbass i bought it from, as u know its a REPRO BY HOZER so give me an offer and its urs. If anyone feels im doing the same thing the guy did to me well im not, i belive in having the real stuff thats why im selling nothing special here just a repro by hozer, thanks

here's an idea... threads of this nature should be in their own forum which is hidden from the public, as in you have to be a member of AtariAge to access them.

for example: perhaps as a topic is started, the forum software could search for key words which would automatically move the thread and lock out anyone who has less than, say, 100 posts, excluding the topic starter of course.

these threads, with their responses from video game "know-it-alls", are pretty much providing free information to scam artists who can learn what to avoid doing in the future and also to keep them one step ahead as a dispute is unfolding.

does no one else find that bothersome?

• Like 1

Sup guys well i did tell my friend to sell the reproduction of red sea crossing for me since it would be kinda bad selling it on my acccount anyways i did tell hin to put reproduction on title it wasnt like i was trying screwing anyone, like it happened to me , plain and simple just wanna sell it for cheap make it worth all the trouble and time i went through with the dumbass i bought it from, as u know its a REPRO BY HOZER so give me an offer and its urs. If anyone feels im doing the same thing the guy did to me well im not, i belive in having the real stuff thats why im selling nothing special here just a repro by hozer, thanks

unless you mentioned it's a reproduction, then no you're doing the same thing that was done to you which makes you no better than the guy who ripped you off.

i did mention and posted reproduction, it clearly states in my post you replied to.

You did nothing wrong, I don't care if you listed it for 5k as long as you put reproduction like you did. The scumbag from Canada or Australia was praying on the public & people thinking they could get a good deal on the game for $1300 when the two originals went for about 10 to 12K.