IGNORED

Atari 2600 "Red sea crossing" Real or fake

Max_Revolver

I'm getting sick of not having a ROM of Red Sea Crossing to play! How long has it been now since we first heard of this game?? Is NO one gonna dump it?

I am sick of not having a BluRay of the new Star Wars movie to watch, which of course would have to be free.

Actually, what I meant to say, was, how do you think Hozer is making repros of it? :ponder:

• Like 1

I am sick of not having a BluRay of the new Star Wars movie to watch, which of course would have to be free.

Actually, what I meant to say, was, how do you think Hozer is making repros of it? :ponder:

Ah! I didn't read this whole thread....and had no idea Hozer even still existed much less selling RSC pirates.

Well....played the ROM. For collectors I can see the interest but for 2600 players this game really ain't much pumpkin :( Boring.

I enjoyed it. IMHO it didn't play too bad. I have a programmers perspective and realize how much reverse engineering would have to be done just to figure out the system, let alone build a game to that point. We got it easy these days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since this was just a hozer reproduction with the label ripped....why didn't you just buy a new copy of rsc from hozer for $11???

This one has a fascinating scam story tied to it? I can see a future where something like the PVC pipe Air Raid will be bought for top dollar to add to someone's very niche collection of historically significant fakes. A poor fake, with a good story, may go a long way. Kind of like how forgeries by Han van Meegeren have become almost as valuable as the originals he copied.

Edited by Joe Newberry
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is there a manual for this game floating around? I see pictures around the web of the cover but no scans or even text anywhere.

I honestly don't know. There was supposedly a coloring book too. We honestly may never know unless a complete copy surfaces. Being mail order exclusive, it may have shipped in a bubble pack and a proper retail box never have existed. I think we are lucky however that a small handful of carts survived and one of them got dumped. I'm pretty sure it's much rarer than Air Raid, which is rumored to have 25 copies produced and given out as test samples.

I'd get an Air Raid repro too if it didn't make my bedroom CRT roll. If I bought one from Albert or Hozer or somewhere I'd specifically ask for the label separate to the game cart so I could paint the cart plastics and add the PVC handle. It would still be very fake looking though (although much better looking than Rosa's hack job) but an Air Raid repro is simply not a proper fake without an improvised blue handle. :grin:

I honestly don't know. There was supposedly a coloring book too. We honestly may never know unless a complete copy surfaces. Being mail order exclusive, it may have shipped in a bubble pack and a proper retail box never have existed. I think we are lucky however that a small handful of carts survived and one of them got dumped. I'm pretty sure it's much rarer than Air Raid, which is rumored to have 25 copies produced and given out as test samples.

I'd get an Air Raid repro too if it didn't make my bedroom CRT roll. If I bought one from Albert or Hozer or somewhere I'd specifically ask for the label separate to the game cart so I could paint the cart plastics and add the PVC handle. It would still be very fake looking though (although much better looking than Rosa's hack job) but an Air Raid repro is simply not a proper fake without an improvised blue handle. :grin:

I got the rom somewhere, but it's one of those game that the happenings on the screen seem kinda random. I'm not ready to dismiss it as just another crappy, barely playable game yet.